Saw 3 JW Ladies This AM Armed and Ready for Action

by Darkhorse 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

On my way into work this a.m. one of our local KH's (I am not a JW) off the main road I travel to go to work. It was about 6:00 am, and as I was passing by the KH parking lot, I noticed 3 ladies around one car.

It looked like "the sisters" were armed and ready to go on a door-to-door witnessing patrol. They had their book bags stuffed with magazines. They really looked dated in their dressing and hair styles. The dresses were brightly flowers, down to their ankles, loose flowing and the sleeves of their dresses were raised and puffy. I don't think many people wear puffy sleeved clothing at this time. And their hair styles - the puffy, curly, mushroom looking style. I think they must have been going to breakfast first because homeowners would have been pissed if they had witnesses knocking at the doors too early. Phew, it's pretty warm today, I think the sisters are going to perspire (glisten) a bit today. I also noticed the sisters had shoes with heels - you would think they would wear footware more suitable for walking - my feet would have been killing them.

Seeing them made me chuckle and made me think of the post the Englishman has written yesterday titled "Got Given a Witness Today." I could picture him with these three ladies I just passed by.

I started imaging the sisters coming to my house. I would invite them to sit on my front porch, rest their tired feet, probably offer them either iced tea or lemonade. Then, the fun would begin - I would start to mention the Dateline show I had seen regarding the pedaphile issue, how they treat the members that do not "think" the way they are supposed to, and the way the JW think of us worldy folk. Wonder how long it would have taken them to hightail it

• LDH
    LDH
    my feet would have been killing them.

I believe this to be one of the best Freudian slips of all time!!!!!

Lisa

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Heh, LDH I imagine the boot in the bum scenerio. But, sigh, I was one of those devoted faithful who would show up at your door while it was 90 deg. outside. There I am all decked out in my suit with a worn down look on my face doing my best to act like I give a shit.

gsx1138

• belbab
    belbab

Welcome to this board, Darkhorse,

You state: On my way into work this a.m. one of our local KH's (I am not a JW) off the main road I travel to go to work. It was about 6:00 am, and as I was passing by the KH parking lot, I noticed 3 ladies around one car.

You noticed all that you wrote while you were passing by? Magazines in the book-bag even? Jeez, for a non-witness, observing "sisters", you sure are observant. Are you sure you are not telling us all this just so that we too will accept JWs: I started imaging the sisters coming to my house. I would invite them to sit on my front porch, rest their tired feet, probably offer them either iced tea or lemonade.

I too have tried this a number of times, but as soon as they find out I am disfellowshipped or suspect by my words that I am an apostate then they jump up and run away.

I would so much love to have a Bible discussion with them, but it never seems to work out.

belbab

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Yes, I have always been pretty observant. The parking lot is very close to the road, and the ladies happened to be parked up by the road; also I was behind a real slow poke (the person was driving about 15 mph and I was in a no passing zone).

No I am not a JW; however the JW's tend to stand out like sore thumbs (I can spot them a mile off) - the guys are always in suits with either backpacks or briefcases, the women are always in dresses and heels with book bags, at any rate they all look as uncomfortable as hell. They always seem travel while walking in groups of two or three.

The reason I seem to know a bit more about the JW is because I befriended a JW who is fading away - I wanted to learn more about them in order to try to understand where my friend is coming from. I sure have received an education.....

I never had the chance to deal with the JW's when they came door-to-door at my house - my husband was the lucky one. He would get the usual opening statement about isn't it awful how things in the world are going so badly. Hubby would end up telling them he was not interested in their religion, we do our own thing. You are right, once he said that, away they went. They would leave one of the magazines. He would leave it on the table for me, jokingly saying, "I know you like to read, here is some reading material from the JW's, they are out again."

No I am not trying to get any of you to accept them - how could you after what they did to you.

It was just my imagination running away with me - offering them the ice tea and lemonade would probably get the sisters thinking, "Ahhhhhh, we have a live one here." Then I would start the questioning, I would love to see the looks on their faces - but again I am sure they would do what you had said, beat feet the other way.

Just some daydreaming on my way into work.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

LOL, you are right LDL, what a slip!!!!! Pretty appropriate.

• Quotes
    Quotes
    the guys are always in suits with either backpacks or briefcases

Unless things are very, very different in your part of the world, I think that backpacks are worn by young Mormon men, not JWs. Personally, I have never seen a JW wearing a backpack while in service, rather they generally carry a briefcase or magazine bag or folder of some sort, never a backpack.

BTW, Mormons are also easy to spot when they are out door-knocking because:

• they are exclusivley male
    • they only wear white dress shirts (whereas JWs occasionally were off-white or even light-blue... oooohhhh.... blue... radical!!!!)
    • They wear nametags (black with name engraved in white)
    • they seem to use backpacks instead of briefcases
    • around this city, they are frequently seen waiting for bus/public transit (I guess they don't get cars?)
  • Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi, they were JW's for sure. Some would carry both and they would be in cars.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

6 AM.. Good lord, people would get pissed at em.

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit