The Case for Theism

by FusionTheism 182 Replies latest watchtower bible

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Outlaw believes in the god of parties and chill evenings when nobody wants to cook:

O

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I admit I am godless!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Pick your quote, it doesn't matter. Dawkins is an agnostic &/or an atheist depending on the context of the question. Like many of us he really doesn't care about the labels.....cofty

Bullshit..

People ask Dawkins what he is..He tells them he`s Agnostic..

The philosopher Sir Anthony Kenny, who chaired the discussion, interjected: “Why don’t you call yourself an agnostic?” Prof Dawkins answered that he did.

He told the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, that he preferred to call himself an agnostic rather than an atheist.

Maybe contact Richard Dawkins and tell him you were a WBT$ JW Elder.....And..

You`d like him to change his mind,about what he considers himself..

LOL!!..

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I hate threads like these . .
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@ Morpheus!!..

Thats good with me Bud!!..

• cofty
    cofty
    we strictly have to be agnostic ... We who are atheists are also a-fairyists, a-teapotists, and a-unicornists, but we don't have to bother saying so.
    -- Richard Dawkins, Free Inquiry,Summer, 2002

I said - Dawkins is an agnostic &/or an atheist depending on the context of the question.

So for all practical, reasonable purposes Dawkins is an atheist. He has said so many times "We who are atheists..."

If we are being pedantic and conceding that god's non-existence cannot be "proven" then STRICTLY he could be called agnostic.

Outlaw - Are your comprehension skills really that bad?

In any case who really cares what Dawkins or anybody else thinks? If I heard on the breakfast news that he had become an evangelical christian I would not care in the slightest.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Thanks FusionTheism,

I appreciated your effort to add something to the discussion.

Verbally clubbing the religious to death is an avocation for some. Or perhaps you consider it jousting. ;) Either way, keep up your hard work. You have I'm sure been a comfort to some lurkers here who are likely being turned off by the vitriol expressed against God. No better way to make a JW run back to the Org. than to viciously degrade God as has been done on this forum.

I've visited forums where atheists and believers discuss their different views without verbal punches. It is possible but it seems not here.

Too bad really.

Frank

• cofty
    cofty
    .. degrade God as has been done on this forum. - Frank

The most compelling way to do that is to calmly and rationally present the facts.

However that also tends to make believers very angry.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You have I'm sure been a comfort to some lurkers here who are likely being turned off by the vitriol expressed against God.

God gave us cancers, polio, smallpox, birth defects, genetic defects, etc.. He gave us laws endorsing slavery and rape and commanded abortion, theft and genocide.

Why should there be anything but vitriol?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Best way to degrade god is read the bible.

In any event... this discussion is continuing proof/evidence whatever, that when the subject of god is brought up humans have problems with each other.

But. That being said none of us godless ones (atheist agnostic or otherwise) are going to strap a bomb to our ass and blow innocent people to bits or shun anyone overy a disagreement on semantics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit