The Case for Theism

by FusionTheism 182 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Jonathan Drake,

I don't give a damn whether we call this "Something" God or Allah or Jehovah or Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Why are YOU so hung up on labels???

Well you did entitle the thread the case for theism. I guess I just assumed you meant a personal God and not just "something".

i apologize for taking your words at face value.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    sweet baby jesus

That's a peanut butter stout beer.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Well you did entitle the thread the case for theism. I guess I just assumed you meant a personal God and not just "something".

Don't apologize. It's a common tactic for theists to present an "argument" and then, when pointed out that their claims don't match reality, the actual definition of words, etc., to whine and complain about being misunderstood and complain that words have specific meanings.

It's not your fault, it's a tactic to avoid having to say anything but sound like they did and play the victim when called on it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Still waiting for the answers to my two questions!

FusionTheism

Answer one question for me with a yes or no answer and i will leave your thread alone. Please yes or no.

Is Steven Hawking an Atheist?

And viviane will you marry me?

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Viviane,

Go back and read your very first comment on this thread.

You accused me of being "wrong" on my Stephen Hawking quote.

Where was I wrong?

Or are you just going to deflect and use ad hominem?

• Giordano
    Giordano

This website has a huge case of Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater

Actually this website has a huge case against pretending that there is a Baby in the bathwater in the first place.

The bathwater is pretty simple to prove because we can see it, taste it ,smell it.....even hear it. But an invisible Baby? One we can't see, hear or smell?

You are asking us to buy into A delusion one you want very much to be true.

Eventually you will place an ad in the newspaper that reads........Baby shoes for sale.......never used (Hemingway on how to tell a story with one sentence).

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Freemindfade,

Stephen Hawking does not believe in traditional personal gods.

He has repeatedly said that it is very reasonable to believe "Something" existed which "wound up" and "fine-tuned" the universe.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Ok Fusion, I will answer for you

"Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn't. I'm an atheist."-Steven Hawking...

Thats right, he is an Atheist! Making the OP a waist of time. And from this quote it seems you are not the first person to try to read between the lines of what he says to find 'God'.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Go back and read your very first comment on this thread.
    You accused me of being "wrong" on my Stephen Hawking quote.
    Where was I wrong?
    Or are you just going to deflect and use ad hominem?

Yes, I said you were wrong. Being "wrong" is a not a personal attack, nor is it accusing you of lying or misrepresentation.

Where you were wrong was in the portion I quoted.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Freemindfade,

What difference do personal religious beliefs make when it comes to examining the actual science?

Francis Collins is perhaps one of the greatest medical / DNA scientists the world has ever known, and he's a huge believer in Yahweh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit