The Case for Theism

by FusionTheism 182 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Prologos

Not only that, but all these advanced experiments require extraordinary knowledge, skills and effort. and these are only experiments. Who dare say that the original we are probing required less? Do you see the people at MIT CERN as accident investigators?

I had to chuckle at the last sentence.

I don't think that the universe came about by accident. I think that it was inevitable. The timing was probably completely random although to talk in terms of time, pre-universe, isn't quite right but you get my drift, no? The precise nature of the Universe was probably random though and probably the result of chaos theory. Do I believe that the universe was created by some sky wizard? Nope.

• prologos
    prologos
    A well staged accident, appearing as chaotic,, but creating order out of "nothing" with no trace left on the scene of the perpetrator?
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Prologos

A well staged accident,

It wasn't staged for that would infer a creator would it not?

appearing as chaotic,,

It doesn't appear to be chaotic, it actually is.

but creating order out of "nothing"

Don't know about order but out of nothing is quite correct

with no trace left on the scene of the perpetrator?

Again, a perpetrator implies some kind of intelligence and I don't see a whole heap of that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cofty, it seems Outlaw is rather jealous of your former elder status.....OneGenTwoGroups

The "Position of Elder" was offered to me,I refused..

I saw the position for what it was..

A "self indulgent" position of power,to keep the WBT$ Beast and All the Destruction that comes with it Alive..BUT..

I got to "Be Important" if I played along.........NO THANKS!..

It was immediately after the Offer of that WBT$ Promotion,I walked away..

...................................Image result for the straw that broke the camel's back

............................Next Time You Want to Know Something..

......................................................Just Ask..

........................................DON`T PRETEND TO KNOW..

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Doltologist8 hours ago

OGTG

Cofty/Outlaw

If anyone I debate this topic with has yet to learn that:

1. agnosticism is about knowledge

2. atheism is about belief

3. knowledge is a subset of belief

then I find all conversations about the topic are futile

Cofty, it seems Outlaw is rather jealous of your former elder status.

I really have to take exception to item 2 above. Atheism isn't about belief, ffs. It is merely a response to an unproven assertion that god exists.

Atheism is a lack of belief in god(s), not necessarily a response to a claim. Piraha children are atheists for example. Your definition of atheism is too narrow in scope, also known as the frozen abstraction fallacy.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Where did fusion go? I want my turn. LOL
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Wow....this thread hasn't died yet? Funny...just like the virus of Theism.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

OGTG

Atheism is a lack of belief in god(s), not necessarily a response to a claim.

How can a lack of belief in something be a belief? That's illogical!!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol now we are trying to arguing over the definision of athiest.... As someone without a belief in a sky daddy i quote john lenon:

"i dont believe in beatles i believe in me"

define it how you want, use whatever word you want, the end result is the same.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Cappytan

Wow....this thread hasn't died yet? Funny...just like the virus of Theism.

My apologies. I was gonna have a go at your Egyptian thread today but got side tracked - as one does. I'll sort it tomorrow - honest guv. I have started though and it ain't all good news because there is some doubt as to the dates of dynasties in Egypt. Some scholars disagree and the disagreements vary by several centuries. On the other hand, there may be some good news in that some guy in the British Museum (I think his name is Finkel-ish, if memory serves) is of the opinion that the great flood didn't happen in Noah's time but is actually a memory of a flood from a much earlier period. Also, there wasn't just one great flood, there were several according to geological evidence. Also, there's some theories being hauled up the flag pole, just to see who salutes them, that the floods were actually caused by tsunamis rather than climactic disasters. Also, there's also something about if the Arc had been designed according to the babble, it would have broken in two. Anyways, will do some reading and get back to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit