Now Even JW Men Are Going To Die At The Big A

by OneFingerSalute 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I just watched the second Jesus drama and again they have incorrect stuff, added words to Jesus conversations and basically the storyline is not in the bible.

I can't believe this - they have lost the plot. Instead of making the drama about Jesus he appears in it but it is all about DOUBTS and how you know JW's have the truth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I call the new WTBTS Jesus, " Jesus Van Der Beek ", because he's so cool and has the whole "Dawson's Creek" thing going.

Jesus Van Der Beek...so hot right now...Jesus Van Der Beek....

DD

• done4good
    done4good

Is not the proportion of men to women in the org something like 3.5 to 6.5? With this policy, it seems in the new world this might be something like 1 to 10...Hell, with that ratio, maybe I'll go back!

Just kidding.

d4g

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    dfg - first female elders that look like Sharon Stone, now the idea of the women outnumbering the men in the new system. I think I'm detecting a pattern here d.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them." - Luke 11:46 New International Version
  • ivanatahan
    ivanatahan
    Death,....that's all they've got to threaten people with? Instant destruction?
    How about a precarious life of never knowing if or when I might lose my children due to a disfellowshipping? How about a life of being forced to do stuff I don't want to do, and having to do it CONSTANTLY, RELENTLESSLY? How about a life where I can't speak my thoughts and opinions for fear of being 'turned in'? How about a life where myself and my children are supposed to follow one infinitesimally defined path, unable to freely express our individualities, having to stick to someone else's definition of 'proper' OR ELSE?
    Oh, you can't threaten you will do this to me, because that is what you ARE, that is what living with you IS ACTUALLY LIKE. Well, that's worse than instant destruction. And you will NEVER be in control of my life again. Your threats of death are nothing compared to what living under your control was like. And I'm out of it. So death is all you've got? Youve got nothing.

When I read this, I imagined Winston Smith telling this to O'brien during on of his torture sessions.

This really spoke to my heart, and shared this comment with my sister, who is also aware of TTATT and expresses her disapproval more-so than I do. Indeed, it's true that death means nothing when the alternative is essentially a life of being a puppet with no control and the suppression of individuality. I agree with you, I'd rather die than live like that, much less forever with others who are fake. "You can only find true friends in the organization." Hah!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @ villiage idiot.....your right on .....especially gb....they want all your help , and money, and valuables...but when was the last time one of em showed up at your house with a cold beer, and a few bucks?
  • La Capra
    La Capra
    I'm just astonished how the WTBTS has changed so dramatically these last five years. My elderly, arthritis stricken mother who never would even touch a computer until 2 years ago now has internet, a laptop, email, and an iPad! She actually pays someone (I'm assuming in her congregation) for lessons on how to use them. But what shocks me and depresses me the most is that she can watch the entire district convention at home, in comfort, at no expense, but instead will drive herself (and several of her misfit "friends" who really just use her) two hours each way-each day, pay for all the gas, toll roads, and parking, and then hand over more than the suggested donation-and feel all closer to Jehovah for the hardship. I'm sick to my stomach--so disturbed by the existence of the youtube videos of conventions and assemblies (and that they all still spend millions of dollars to attend these things) that I actually had something to share.
  • done4good
    done4good
    Sparrow - If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

DJS - "The Dark Lords are having to juggle presenting a 'balanced' non-cultish view to the general public while doubling down on its members at the same time."

Yeah; no way that could ever come back and bite them on the ass...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit