Now Even JW Men Are Going To Die At The Big A

by OneFingerSalute 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They obviously see a real dearth of "qualified" men in the near future, for years now they have been lowering the standards to get guys to be M.S's and Elders.

Many make it for a while, then pack it in, never to take up the onerous work again, many now are too smart to get lumbered in the first place.

Hence the Guilt Talks.

Lack of cash flow and lack of "Organization" men may well hasten the cult's demise, I do hope so.

• DJS
    DJS

Cults eat their own. They also circle the wagons when stressed. This smacks of both. The Dark Lords are having to juggle presenting a 'balanced' non-cultish view to the general public while doubling down on its members at the same time.

Any male that is successful enough to afford his own Internet account (or smart enough to use Starbucks') is going to avoid the Dark Tower; that isn't going to change in like, forever. The Dark Lords have to know this. The only option is to shame, emasculate and humiliate its male members into performing. And that's a time honored method to ensure none of them will be able to get it up. I suppose the next step from the Dark Lords is pointing and laughing.

• Splash
    Splash

The GB going beyond what the Bible says again? Well that's no surprise.

(1 Timothy 3:1) "This statement is trustworthy: If a man is reaching out to be an overseer, he is desirous of a fine work."

No guilting there, just encouragement. If you want to then great, but no punishment if you don't.
    The Bible even says that some are better suited to some roles than others, not that everyone should be an elder.Besides, if the GB stuck to the qualifications listed in the 1Tim 3 and Titus 1 then more 'would' qualify.They have replaced the Bible qualifications with their own, mostly unwritten, largely BoE specific requirements.

You must be seen to be doing at least 10 hours ministry or the congregation average per month.
    You need to be answering regularly.
    Your wife must be in good standing.
    Your children must not be pursuing higher education.
    You must not have the wrong sort of facial hair.
    You must not be missing meetings, even for work reasons.
    You should be conducting Family Worship every week.
    Your car should be clean and your house tidy.
    You have to be on the Theocratic Ministry School and give decent talks.
    You have to kowtow to all demands, such as not wearing bright socks or coloured shirts, if the other elders demand it.
    You must not have upset anyone in the congregation recently.

I've forgotten others, but if you miss any single one of these don't expect to be an elder.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I would rather die at armageddon(tm) for not reaching out than be a fat gluttonous liart that loves paedophiles and seeks to protect them rather than vulnerable children. Because that's who the GB are. Hah! chosen by god? So, that means that Jehovah(tm) prefers perverts to honest people. another reason to spit on the name Jehovah(tm).

SPIT!

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Is it just me, but are these blokes talking to us like we are idiots.

Jesus is kind, Satan is unkind, you don't want to be like Satan do you? Noooo. Let's have a look at a kids video about being kind.

I seem to be hearing more about Satan than Jesus.

And what about that Drama - it was a total fabrication not even in the bible. I mean we have so many great stories to focus on but they have that fictional guy rambling on about things that aren't even recorded in scripture - total hearsay.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

So glad i'm out and dont have to sit thru these FOG sessions anymore.

Classic cult technique: Fear, Obligation, Guilt.

• hoser
    hoser

Move over Hitler and Ted Bundy....make room for the eternally damned Pete Za'Hut.

Hitler and Bundy have a better chance than you, you theocratic slacker.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

LisaRose: I think they want everyone to feel guilty, because guilty people are easier to manipulate.

That's it. And no matter what you do, it's never enough.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Ding
    Ding

You can't win.

If you push hard to become an MS/elder, aren't you opening yourself to accusations of wrong motivation (worldly ambition), of thinking more highly of yourself than you ought, of sinful pride, of running ahead of Jehovah's spirit, and of sowing discord among the brothers?

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I wish you had a recording of that manure.

I also wish I had what he said recorded. I just couldn't handle sitting there closely listening to everything, but when he said this I really perked up.

Of course I did manage to take a few brief notes as things were said that made me think WTF. I will try to share a few over the next few days either on this thread or others that I won't be hijacking by making those comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit