convention notes

by drawcad_1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

I didn't get to hear the talk about not listening to television articles (dateline)about the borg or reading internet articles that might undermine the good news. But I did notice some other issues that seem to be highlighted.

contributions must be down. there must have been three references to the widow woman who only gave 2 coins to the collection, but that was everything that she had. YUCK, YUCK.

I had to hear how cheating on my wife is unpleasing to god, or anybody cheating on their spouse, and that we could bring home diseases to our family. Is this a propblem.

There were two talks that were aimed at getting the youth out into the service, and why it is so good for them. Along with a few handpicked personal experiences on how it has improved peoples lives.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I had to hear how cheating on my wife is unpleasing to god, or anybody cheating on their spouse, and that we could bring home diseases to our family

I wouldn't be all that worried about it not pleasing God, but how the wife would restructure your skull with her rolling pin or frying pan.

Lew W.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I'm dying to hear about the convention from my mother. But now that she thinks I'm a big-time apostate, she refuses to tell me a word about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit