Other worldy religions

by conflicted 3 Replies latest jw friends

• conflicted
    conflicted

I am going to look up some of the worlds non-christian religions, not as a seeker, or out of a need to change beliefs, but from an educational perspective. I have been interested in what people belive for a while, but have never taken this step before. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone else has looked up other religions and what have you found? I plan to post any interesting things I may find.

Just curious I guess :)

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have investigated Buddhism and Hinduism which are similar. What I found was that they are very similar to Christianity. Basically the concept of every religious philosophy I have explored is: deny yourself pleasure and you will be rewarded at some future time. Its a great way of controlling the poor starving masses. Just promise them that better times are a coming.

hugs to all

Joel

• ianao
    ianao

Two common links between many religions are the ideals of a triumph of good over evil, and a restoration of perfection.

• unanswered
    unanswered

i've read writings of some eastern religions(buddism, hinduism, taoism, etc.), as well as a lot of research on native american rituals and beliefs. i find common threads in all the religions i've looked at, and that's what keeps me studying. my findings are only little questions that make the answer much more complicated. it fascinates me, though, so i can't stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit