It's an emotional thing

by Doltologist 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

I have exchanged posts with a number of you in the short time that I've been a member of this most excellent forum.

As I initially posted, I have Aspergers syndrome. In my case it is both severe and mild. It is mild in that unless you talked to me for some time you would only think me a little odd. It is severe in that I almost fail to understand emotions. I know they exist because people tell me so but I do not feel in the way that you guys do. It must be a curse in that it causes people to make non-rational decisions but it must also be a blessing in that it must be a wonderful feeling to feel love towards someone and to be feel loved by someone. I sort of 'feel' but only at a basic level. For example, I would 'love' a faster pc is about as far as my emotions go. The rest, I have to imagine. Let's put it this way, people that I know have likened me unto the Borg. The problem is that I found out that it wasn't the compliment I thought it was.

I'm not complaining though. I've seen the results of unrequited love. That must be horrible.

Anyways, I couldn't understand why people were religious and believed in god. For me, it's illogical nonsense. The possibility of there being a god is almost zero. I can't see why so many humans believe and want to believe in god. It seems completely stupid to me.

However, having been a member of this fantastic forum and having exchanged posts with quite a few of you, it is becoming apparent to me that religion and a personal belief in a god isn't about logic. If it was, belief in god would have ended long ago. it's about emotion and emotion can't be argued with using logic. I know that you may find this strange but I never knew. I have learned much from you good people and I owe you all a debt of gratitude.

I can't believe in god because my logic circuits won't allow for that. I won't accept religions because it disrespects Man, but, at least I understand.

Thank you

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Doltologist, have you ever been angry at anyone for any reason?
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Why cant you use th name Jehovahs witnesses or christian is that to do with Aspergers syndrome?
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Village Idiot

Doltologist, have you ever been angry at anyone for any reason?

I don't know how to answer that question. I frequently feel a sort of an inner angst. It's more like a rubber band being tightened around my brain when people act in an illogical manner. The rubber band feels as though it tightens faster the more the issue directly or indirectly affects me.

When it feels as though my head is going to explode, I go off for a long run.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Ucantnomyname

Why cant you use th name Jehovahs witnesses or christian is that to do with Aspergers syndrome?

I can use the name but I prefer not to because that is to pay an organisation and the people that support it a respect that they do not deserve because they disrespect Man.

I have no way of knowing whether my Aspergers is causing me to act this way or not. I hope not though and that I would care enough to act this way even if I was Aspergers-free.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Interesting that you feel this in your head. I think I feel feelings in my chest mostly, come to think about it.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Belief in God is not a emotional thing. It is the recognition that we are not alone. That the physical world around us is more than the result of a blind natural selection that just happened to make a place so unimaginably beautiful.

Logic dictates a belief in a higher power. Emotion comes into play when we acknowledge that we have been the recipients of such wonder. That emotion is called love.

Frank

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HM-TM

Logic dictates a belief in a higher power. Emotion comes into play when we acknowledge that we have been the recipients of such wonder. That emotion is called love.

Logic dictates a belief in science. Emotion causes us to create a higher being so that we don't feel alone and that life has a purpose and to help us no longer be afraid of death. That emotion is called FEAR which was created by religtards when they created their god.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

GrreatTeacher

Interesting that you feel this in your head. I think I feel feelings in my chest mostly, come to think about it.

I sometimes feel that I want to bang my head against a brick wall, just to feel relief from the pressure of the rubber bands.

Sometimes, I feel as though I am banging my head against a brick wall, especially when I discuss things with religtards and jovies.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

GrreatTeacher

Yeh - that would be stress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit