JW snippets on stock message board

by Makena1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

While WCOM melts and drags down the market, I was skipping around on some stock message boards this morning and came across this:

You think you're having a bad morning, by: shortieyshorteebobortey06/26/02 10:12 am
    Msg: 217401 of 217414

I just had 3 Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door
    i have a statue of the buddha by: crappy_the_avn_clown (67/M)
    Long-Term Sentiment: Buy
    06/26/02 10:17 am
    Msg: 217402 of 217415

outside my door
    Can we stay off religion and politics? by: shortieyshorteebobortey06/26/02 10:18 am
    Msg: 217403 of 217415

I did have to insinuate to those JW's that they were going to hell. They said that wasn't nice. But they left.
    Re: You think you're having a bad morni by: tom_costello_live_from_alcatrazz (M/Alcatraz Island, CA) 06/26/02 10:28 am
    Msg: 217407 of 217415

4 of them in my neigborhood yesterday. I saw them coming and executed plan A. Took off my shoes, socks, and shirt. I opened the door sounding out of breath. they quicky realized I was slightly indisposed, but still would leave. So I had to execute plan B and tell them I was having intercourse with my wife.

Worked great with the Jehovah's and they quickly left. Unfortunately, mrs. C. heard my remark and I ended up having to have to have sex with her.

where the hell is a Jehovah's Witness when you need one.
    Re: You think you're having a bad morni by: nirvana_avanir06/26/02 10:33 am
    Msg: 217408 of 217417

Whenever the Watchtower distributors stop by my house, I start quoting Bible verses to them. Works like a charm. Especially this one:
    "Judge ye not saith the Lord, for judgement is mine alone" Then you tell them have a nice day and keep that in mind as you close the door
    Re: You think you're having a bad morni by: half_arab_and_on_accutane (99/M/tall building)
    Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Buy
    06/26/02 10:44 am
    Msg: 217411 of 217417

Yeah, I remember years ago when this really weird looking kid came up to my door.

I said "Hey! It's too early for Halloween!"

And he said, "No, I'm Jehovah's Witness!"

As he went away, I realized it was
    Michael Jackson!

(OK, so it's not true, but it really happened to other people!)
  • Gopher
    Gopher

It's interesting what people say "behind the scenes", isn't it?

That first one "I just had 3 witnesses come to my door"... I'm assuming the 3 called together... Whatever happened to working alone or in pairs? Wouldn't 3 of ANY group be a bit overwhelming, coming to your door? Don't the JW"s realize that they ruin their chances by ganging up on a person, 3 on 1? (Unless the 3rd person was a very small child.. but such a child could hardly be called a "Witness", even by a householder -- they'd say "2 witnesses and a child"...)

When I was a JW, I always seemed to have my best conversations when I went to the door alone.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

heehee this is funny - i especially liked:-

where the hell is a Jehovah's Witness when you need one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit