After 2 years my parents make contact. The end result is that I promise them to cryogenically preserve ONLY their heads

by paulmolark 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

3rdgen -“My mother was born in 1918 to a father who became a Russellite in 1914. In my case a generation was nearly 50 years! LOL”

So they were of the firstfruits. I imagine with that type of “spiritual heritage” any wavering was tantamount to a death sentence

Giordano When I was in therapy the individual admitted to thinking that I must be exaggerating to some degree or another. Until he read the letters I have received. He then began to ask if she has been treated in any form and if she is the caretaker of any other children. She definitely has issues that need to be addressed but the religion she is in is buil;t for people like her to continue untreated.

Hoser - “What she really wants is to get details of my life so that she can criticize me for missing meetings and not going in field serve us.”

Tell her you are sick and she will tell everyone she heard you have an STD. Tell her you are doing well and she will say you are consumed with material things. It is a lose lose situation.

• hoser
    hoser

Tell her you are sick and she will tell everyone she heard you have an STD. Tell her you are doing well and she will say you are consumed with material things. It is a lose lose situation.

yep pretty much so. Yet she is a master of charm with other people and if I complain to others about her they will take her side.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

"Tell her you are sick and she will tell everyone you have a STD. Tell her you are doing well and she will say you are consumed with material things."

Precisely! When I became a reg pious-sneer. there was no praise no complement. She said, "I was a SPECIAL pioneer." I couldn't even pioneer as well or suffer as much as SHE.

And speaking of compliments. Not only did she never GIVE any she would try to torpedo any given to me in her presence. For example, if a person would say to mom, "You have a nice little girl." she would say, "If you saw her at home you wouldn't say that." If someone said, "Your daughter looks like you." She said, "She looks like her father." Etc. etc. my entire life. Exactly the same with MIL.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Given that she called you out of the blue, means she was getting ready to cave but then others decided to rally around her and convinced her to call you. This whole situation was funny, maybe not to you but it reminds me how non-sensical JWs are. I think you handled it well.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Isn't this cathartic?
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark
    Extremely lol
  • freddo
    freddo

@Paulmolark

Is she able to act abusively to any other children? I note that point was picked up on by one therapist you mentioned. If so have you considered involving the authorities for what sounds like historic child abuse.

Reminds me of the "lovely" JW Eunice Spry in England who's adult foster children finally took her to the authorities and she served 6 years in the slammer. Due out this month in fact.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

The only other child she is around is my brothers 144000 10 year old assembly part having angel of a child. In the same way that my brother never dealt with the beatings and anger neither does she. She comes all the way to Florida every summer for a month to spend time ion service during her summer vacation with my mother.

The favoritism she receives is unbelievable. She is the same age as my daughter and she is the one that receives all the love... the stories I could tell.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

indoctrinated mothers say the meanest things don't they? I put up with a lot from my mother, too. It's funny to be judged by her while she herself is hanging on to "the truth" by a thread. It seems the only thing that keeps her going is personal appearances in front of her friends and her social status.

I am a fourth generation witness and my child was briefly a fifth generation. Alas, it will die out with us. We looked at the carrot that was dangling in front of us, that we couldn't ever reach, and smoked it with a twelve gauge shot gun!

No more false promises... No more guilt... No more being judged and criticized for every little thing we do...

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    You broke the cycle Bonsai. That is something to be proud of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit