After 2 years my parents make contact. The end result is that I promise them to cryogenically preserve ONLY their heads

by paulmolark 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Oubliette again you are wrong. Responding to anyone in the fashion they respond to you is not a sign of one being stuck and not moving forward. What exactly should I let go? Even your own responses to the Watchtower you called them fuckers etc... apparently you have not moved on either. I don't remember Franz calling anyone a fucker.

Ito be just like my mother I would have to torture my kids physically and mentally. I would have to defraud my children and hold them captive in this religion. Instead I freed my children minds. I got my wife out of this religion and both of my children. I am extremely successful as well as happy. However I will not pander to anyone that tries to pull me back in. I will not read Watchtower literature I will not be corrupted by that cult.

Out of your own mouth you still read watchtower literature because you have children still in the borg. Who knows if your wife is as well. If your skills in psychology are so deep and effective why not use them to break the Watchtower manipulation they have on your children. It obviously has not been working thus far for you. Here I am with my measly old computer science degree and I use nothing but logic and it saved my kids from the cult as well as my wife. We have a wonderful family life financially, physically and emotionally. I hope the same can be said of your children.

I have moved forward in ways YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND. I think you are speaking to me the way you are is because you WISH you had a loving wife and kids that you aided in escaping. Instead you are still working on it. There are not enough witty responses you can make to mask the fact that you are the end all be all. A catch phrase at the end of your posts does not make you some form of hero or any more insightful than anyone else.

==========================

Mr. Flipper Thank you for the kind words and the offer! It is a shame that things have come to this but they have. I have resolved to stay away from them and plan to stick to it because the level of manipulation this woman can dish out is extreme. I am in a good place now. I have spent some time in the past with a therapist and it did truly help. There were sessions where I was encouraged to say the things that were on my mind that I wanted to say to her but I was always too afraid to say. Children that suffer abuse at the hand of an authoritative figure oftentimes will be afraid to voice what they want to say or needs to be said to the abuser. Even in a setting where she wasn't there it was nearly impossible to do. As time went on that change. Amazing that a person trained in that discipline understands that and encourages that.

Flipper - " If you ever want to chat on the phone, just PM me my friend. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper"

If I ever ned it trust me I will do that. Right now I am in an excellent place and plan to keep moving!

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Flipper - They elders were aware. They made multiple visits to our home but during the 80's no one would dare say or do anything when it came to "the rod". We were the picture perfect example. My dad became an elder and at the same time was constantly drinking and having issues with her. Your assessment of him was 100% correct. He did not have the ability to stand up to her, and because of that the two kids she disliked received hell while the one she loved never did.

Her favorite line, "Go 'head and call the police... I'll beat your little narrow behind in front of them - I don't care!"

What was a child to do?

• just fine
    just fine
    No judgement here. Sometimes you have to say what needs to be said. She is encroaching on boundaries she has no right to cross. Block her number, change your number, reverse shunning works great. They hate it when the control is taken away from them, all they have left to threaten you with is God destroying you. I mean it's not even eternal damnation or anything :-)
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

"They hate it when the control is taken away from them, all they have left to threaten you with is God destroying you. I mean it's not even eternal damnation or anything "

Exactly. It is although have left. Take it from them and they hit rock bottom. I was happy thinking I would never hear from her again. She had to rear her ugly head...

• millie210
    millie210

paul,

Im not Oubliette and have no opinion of you or him in this discussion.

That said, this is one of the meanest things I have ever read here:

paulmolark
    If your skills in psychology are so deep and effective why not use them to break the Watchtower manipulation they have on your children. It obviously has not been working thus far for you. Here I am with my measly old computer science degree and I use nothing but logic and it saved my kids from the cult as well as my wife.

Like Giordano said once: remember that the people here are your tribe.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

If that is the meanest thing you have ever read here you have not been here very long. I am direct in my wording which may make it sound mean, however if you look at the things implied by others you will see there is little difference.

If you had a friend who had all the answers for your situation but there situation was worse than yours I do not think you would be so ready to follow their instructions

" The way you are now, you are just being like her." - I would think this statement could be one of the meanest things I have ever read. Telling someone who has been abused by someone for decades they are acting just like their abuser. That is pretty mean.

What I said was an observation coming from someone who wants to appear to have answers for my situation when they are in one that seems worse. Go figure

• millie210
    millie210

paul you are exactly right. I wouldnt be so ready to follow their instructions.

But I would never hit a person harder than needed to make my point.

And I would never highlight their biggest heartbreak to make any point -deserved or not.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"And I would never highlight their biggest heartbreak to make any point -deserved or not.

Then why not direct this so him as well. As stated telling an abused person they are just like their abuser kind falls into that same category. So you might want to direct this point toward him as well.

• millie210
    millie210

Obviously you feel how you feel and dont want any opinions unless they support the view you already hold,so I will bow out.

I have no desire to anger you or hurt you.

all the best to you Paul.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"Obviously you feel how you feel and dont want any opinions unless they support the view you already hold,so I will bow out."

Seems like that is your goal as well.

There were others that offered suggestions. I accepted them. Just not his. Why that angers YOU i don't know.

I will bow out as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit