After 2 years my parents make contact. The end result is that I promise them to cryogenically preserve ONLY their heads

by paulmolark 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Wether she is mentally deranged or cult controlled is not my concern.

Paul, I'm sorry you suffered so much because of your parents.

I hope you continue to make a good life for yourself and your children.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

My response is showing that you hit a nerve.. So what. Your response demonstrates the same, and although you are an amateur psychologist you have no reason to think you are qualified to give any form of help in the area.

I I have degree as well... So what. If having a degree in computer science qualifies me to perform a heart surgery because I like to do a little study in the side look out.

what is so cute about your response is stating it appears you hit a nerve as if that is an accomplishment

• hoser
    hoser

She proceeds to tell me that because I am doing well financially I feel i no longer need Jehovah, but it didn't matter because Satan would take everything away from me ;as quickly as it was given.

this sums up the real reason she called. She wants financial support from you.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    That has always been the case hoser. I tried for a while until she said our transactions had to happen without any contact. Then they stopped.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Its so strange she would call you out of the blue. Maybe it was the "bring them back to Jehovah fever" from the DC or whatever the crapfest is called these days. Sorry she was so evil to you. Rise above it, just hang up and block her if possible or screen her. Just a suggestion.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Sorry Paul, you've got me pegged wrong.

Didn't mean to hit on any of your nerves. I'd rather "hit" the WT where it can hurt it best, and I believe that's helping others to wake up to their shenanigans and mind control.

BTW. I do hold a doctorate's degree.

Alas! It is not in "psychology."

Nevertheless I wish you well.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    Oppose ate I wasn't talking to you that was directed at oubliette.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

@Wasanelder Once

Maybe lots of others with estranged families due to the shunning policy will now be getting the phone call ultimatums.

I agree with you that the coincidence of the "return to the flock" brochure release and Paul's situation makes one think so.

Wouldn't you doubt that the WTS is really sincere about welcoming back their lost sheep? Their abusive, controlling ways is what drives a lot of folks away from their religion in the first place.

----------------

@paulmolark

Ah, I just read your reply right after my previous post and made a wrong connection. My bad.

I must say, though, I've always agreed with Oubliette that the WTS is a cult. A dangerous and hurtful, mind wrecking cult. And many of us have suffered to one extreme or another its abuses and controlling ways. Shame on all their hypocritical shepherds that abuse the flock rather than care for it.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    paulmolark: Abusers of all kinds flock to this cult... it is a haven for them. Some of the most evil people I have known have been "members in good standing" or in positions of authority. Your experience with your mother is another example. It is ironic how they can take money from you while still abusing you. Brings back memories for me.
    You are entitled to feel and deal with her as you wish. Protect your family.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Just curious Paul, if it's not too personal, were you disfellowshipped or did you drop out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit