After 2 years my parents make contact. The end result is that I promise them to cryogenically preserve ONLY their heads

by paulmolark 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

It has been 2 and a half years since my departure from the religion. I was told by my parents from the start that I would never speak to them until I returned to jehovah dog. A few months later they told people they hoped I died before the end came, then all of this culminating in them telling my inactive / fading sister that they don't consider me a child anymore and they have given me up to Satan.

I was hoping to never hear from them again, especially after they refuse to speak to their grandkids at all and a whole medley of other things. ANYWAY I get a call from a number I do not recognize about 30 minutes ago. I pick up and say, "HELLO". I hear a womans voice that I recognize as being my mothers with a lot of commotion in the background. This person proceeds to tell me, "Either you are for Jehovah... or you are against me and your father and everyone who truly loves you." I could not believe this person has the balls to say this to me. I hung up the phone and went back to watching my son chase the dog. I immediately get another call and she proceeds to tell me how rude I am and that it is apparent from my blatant disrespect that I have forgotten all of the commandments about respecting ones aged parents etc... in just a few short years.

She continues to rail against me about how she asked jehovah to remove me from her heart and that he has replace me with many new "spiritual children" and that she knows that I miss her and my father. She says others have their affection and that if I want to return to jehovah she will be waiting... until then she wanted to let me know that she would not speak to me or my family again unless we return like "obedient sheep" to jehovah.

I had the feeling that others were there cheering her on, or somehow offering support because I actually heard people in the background... someone telling her to stay strong. She proceeds to tell me that because I am doing well financially I feel i no longer need Jehovah, but it didn't matter because Satan would take everything away from me ;as quickly as it was given. She asked me to promise her that I would think about what she said. I told her the following, "I promise that just before you die in the next 10 years or so if the doctors will allow it I will cryogenically freeze ONLY your head and I will have them make you every one hundred years. I will make sure that every new generation of our family visits you on that day and laughs in your face as you realize that you are still waiting on jehovah to bring about this paradise that you are waiting, but will never come. I will have each person point and laugh at you for a few minutes then when you begin to cry I will have them freeze you again and make sure in the next hundred years the same thing happens.

Yes that was evil, but I just do not really care anymore. These people are completely batshit crazy and the longer people cater to them and make them feel as if their feelings matter the worse they become

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

LOL......now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the sad thing is, these people are so blinded by they dillusions. they would turn from family and cling to a golden calf.

your better off not having them in your life.

I truely hate this cult of a religion. i think it will be the ruin of my marriage eventually. like being on train tracks and not being able to get off and the inevitable happens.

stay strong brother

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Horrible on so many levels! So sorry.....
  • Island Man
    Island Man

This would have been my response:

"Hello? Who is this? Do I know you? I think you must have the wrong number. You speak as if you believe you're my mother, but you can't be since my mother died 2 and a half years ago - she was brainwashed to death by a manipulative, divisive, family-destroying cult that worships an organization. Please do not insult the memory of my mother by pretending to be her - you're a cult fanatic and nothing remotely resembling what a true mother is supposed to be. Please do not call me again or I will lodge a stalking/harassment complaint with the police!"
  • Island Man
    Island Man

I just had an idea:

What would it be like for a JW parent who has shunned their child for years, if when they call their JW child one day many years later and the ex-JW child pretended not to remember the parent or his former life as a JW?

"Who do you say you are? I'm sorry, I don't remember you. I have completely lost my memory of my past. The doctors say I must have experienced some great unbearable psychological trauma and my brain's way of dealing with it is shutting out my memory of everything from that point back."

If an ex-JW can pull this off and do a really good job of pretending not to remember them, surely that should cause the JWs to think of the great harm they have done to their child by following Watchtower's cruel shunning policy.

Also, how could a JW shun his child when the child isn't aware of why he's being shunned or what sins he committed and needs to repent of? How could they expect someone to show genuine repentance for something they don't recall doing? How do they wrap their conscience around that? lol

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    3rdgen -

I am glad to not have them around anymore at this point. They are toxic, the religion is toxic and everything linked to it is toxic. After being gone for 6 months I realized that I would probably have no more of a link to them so it doesn't hurt. I hear reports of them from my sister of how bad they are doing, and their health is failing but I really have no reason to be concerned at this point.

If as an adult you can keep up this kind of behavior and tell your kids they are better off dead and that there grand kids mean nothing to them since they no longer serve jehovah, then I really can not feel sorry for anything that happens.

going - yes it is sad, but again when I saw what this cult was going to do to my kids that is when I made the steps to step-down and leave. I could not in good faith do this to my kids. SO if I can take those steps so can they, they are just scared and that is for them to deal with. The worst part about my female parental unit is that she made up all sorts of rumors about me. YES my own mother. She started telling people that I cheated on her. It was an attempt to get my wife angered with me and alienate me too. Disgusting

Island Man - I may give that a go the next time, if there is one LOL

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

paulmolark,

What your mother did, and has done, to you is evil. She is clearly fully indoctrinated into the cult.

But what you said in response was just mean.

Please try and outgrow the need to respond in kind. Doing anything else destroys your soul.

Oubliette

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    That's why fading is always the best option. It sort of lessens/ eliminates all these sorts of dramas. I was thinking about this yesterday when I was taking my long term JW grandmother out for the day. The sweet old thing she is nearly 90 and we had an enjoyable day. Took her back to her jw daughter, and they thanked me and had a cup of tea with them. No drama no religion. Why? Because I got involved on this Web site while still active. I knew the loop holes and how to play the game and proceeded accordingly.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

I am glad you have an opinion Oub, but that is your opinion. I am sure you are coming from a good place but my should is fine. The zen idea of forgiving blah blah blah is nice but there is a point where those good words mean nothing. I no longer feel sorry for her, I no longer feel sorry for them.

Why not tell everyone to apply those same words to the GB etc... would you encourage everyone here to keep all these nice sayings for Jaracz and Franz etc... I think not.

Birthing someone does not mean that the person you birthed owes you.

I will not respond happily to anyone who has:

Told my daughter to her face she is going to die because she doesn't love Jehovah.

Told my son the same.

Told lies that I cheated on my wife

Told lies that I had been doing so for years

Beat me mercilessly as a kid every other day with an extension cord.

Beat my sister to the point she still has scars as an adult.

Told people she has disowned me

Told people I am better off dead

You go right ahead and keep loving that type of person if you want. SHE destroyed my soul... I have been able to rebuild it every day that there is a separation. Save those lovely words for someone who has been through far less with such a wicked person.

Fading unfortunately would not have set the proper example for my children. Fading would have kept these toxic people in my life. The drama was there for all the years prior. WHywould I continue to want to speak with persons who have done these things. No Thanks

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Yes that was evil, but I just do not really care anymore."

Based on what you said I totally support you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit