Good Answer to question of "Disassociate?&...

by Lollylou 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

A friend of mine was telling me about what happened when the elders came to talk to a witness who had decided to start going to Southeast Christian Church. It was one of the best responses I have ever heard and wanted to share it with you.

When they asked her if she would write a letter disassociating herself from the Watchtower Organization. Her response was "Why would I want to do that? I am a Christian and as such I love all people. Why would I ever want to disassociate myself from my friends? No, I believe to write a letter of disassociation would be very unchristian and something I would never do." Needless to say the elders had no defense for that. Maybe this would help someone being faced with this situation.

• writerpen
    writerpen

I wonder what the elders do in situations like this. If they know you are going to another church, but never have the opportunity to speak with you, or like this example you just mentioned. I'm assuming she was disfellowshipped or something?

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

Nope she isn't disfellowshipped. This happened several months ago. No more meetings with her either. She is a widow with a teenage boy, who lost her husband in a terrible farming accident. She hasn't gone around trying to talk others into leaving, nothing. I know that just because you have done nothing wrong doesn't stop them from disfellowshipping, but in her case they have done nothing. Of course she hasn't heard from any of her so-called witness friends.

• roybatty
    roybatty

The question that I found elders like to ask a person who does something to warrent disassociation is "do you still want to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" If you say "no" then this is enough for them to anounce your disassociation. If you answer "yes" then you've just opened the door for them to "re-adjust" your thinking and to not "run ahead of the organization. After doing this for so many years, the Society is a seasoned pro at this game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit