Woodinville Suicide Info

by BONEZZ 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Does anyone know if that particular suicide was printed in any newspapers. I would like to tell someone about it but of course they won't believe me unless they see it in print. Would like to get a scan of the story. Thanks for any help.

-BONEZZ

• nancee park
    nancee park

In what state or province is Woodenville? What happened?

• sf
    sf

BONEZZ,

I've searched, yet nothing.

I don't understand why either.

sKally

Edited by - sf on 23 June 2002 21:59:19

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I believe Woodinville is in Washington state. I read about the incident on this forum. Apparently a local MS hung himself in the kingdum hall parking lot. I'm hoping to find a newspaper account although I know that sometimes they do not cover suicides. Thankz.

-BONEZZ

• RunningMan
  • BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

RunningMan: Thanks.

-BONEZZ

• Mulan
    Mulan

I posted yesterday that in this area (Woodinville is just a few miles East of us) suicides rarely make the news, unless it is a well known person, or it's a murder-suicide.

I believe they don't print a story,out of respect for the families. Also there are lots of them, and people might not be that interested, except us of course.

When Mak and Sabine's daughter committed suicide two years ago, it didn't make the news either. I'm sure they appreciated that too.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I called the Snohomish County WA police department and confirmed that the events took place as described. The local Woodinville paper is a useless rag. The larger regional newspapers - The Seattle Times, The Seattle Post Intelligencer, The Everett Herald and The Seattle Weekly had no coverage of the story at the time I last checked. You could call SCPD too if you want to assure yourself that the story is not a fabrication.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I wouldn't be too critical of the papers for not reporting this. I am not aware of any media that report suicides, unless it is so newsworthy that they cannot avoid it.

The reason is because, when suicides are reported, the frequency goes up. The media is actually performing a public service when they avoid the story.

Here is some backup: http://www.asc.upenn.edu/test/suicide/web/3.html

Edited by - RunningMan on 24 June 2002 18:39:34

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit