June JW.org Broadcasting: What You Can Receive From The Preaching Work!

by The Governor 1 Replies latest jw friends

• The Governor
    The Governor

I just finished watching John Cedars rebuttal of the June JW.org broadcasting. There was an interesting part that I found personally that wasn't discussed by Cedars. It starts at about 50 minutes in where this brother starts discussing what prisoners need or what they can get from the preaching work. He goes into this list and pay attention to what this list DOES NOT include. Let's see if you can figure it out. This brothers list of what prisoners (or any outsider) can receive from the preaching work is as follows:

• Relief
    • Understanding
    • Spiritual Strength and Education
    • Meaning to their lives

At the end this man struggles to add to the list but what he does not include in the list of what outsiders get from the preaching work is TRUTH! Truth did not make it on to that list and I find it very interesting that if you were to list off what you would receive from the preaching work I would think truth would be at the top of the list since they refer to their belief structure or system as "The Truth."

Now according to the meaning of "truth" you have a few different requirements that make up something to be true. According to the dictionary truth is described as:

-The true or actual state of a matter

-Conformity with fact of reality; verity

-A verified or indisputable fact, proposition or principle

-The state of a character being true

-Actuality or actual existence

-An obvious or excepted fact; truism; platitude

-Honesty; integrity; truthfulness

Is it for the reason that this brother did not include truth on his list of what people are expected to gain from the preaching work because what the Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading is actually not true? The Jehovah's Witnesses do not base what they preach on any sort of verified or indisputable facts or principles. They don't bring honesty or integrity to your door and don't confirm any truths they bring of the state of the world and it's people with facts, sources or research.

That's what really popped out at me during this rebuttal of the June broadcast because as an outsider entering into Kingdom Halls for the first time or entering into a Jehovah's Witness Bible study, the first thing you are likely to hear is that you will know THE TRUTH about what the Bible really teaches and the prophesies and messages Jehovah has for us. This brother in this video totally negates and neglects mentioning any sort of truth being received by outsiders from the preaching work but instead focuses on giving meaning to people's lives and relief?

If anyone hasn't watched John Cedars rebuttal on youtube yet I suggest you do so by typing in "John Cedars" in the youtube search bar. Did anything from the June broadcast stick out to you as odd or out of place in this months broadcast?

• SAHS
    SAHS
    The WTS has conveniently – deliberately – omitted everything from its online library before the year 2000. Yes, all that vast amount of, um, “truth” (not!) since the birth of the WT magazine has been made completely inaccessible by anyone who would want to get a good picture of the teachings over time through the official Web site. Not that people can’t access those historical publications one way or another, but such information is conspicuous by its absence in the WTS’ online library. And what does that say about the WTS’ supposed role of being the sole mouthpiece for Almighty God and a champion of “truth”?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit