God's Grace

by cyrano 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

I am so weak in the flesh you see. Sometimes I wonder if God's going to lose patience with me.

I constantly have to fight to walk in Jesus' footsteps. But sometimes I give-in to myself. I may become jealous of my brother's new car and envious of what he owns so far. All the time knowing I should be content.

Just last week I even indulged in some lustful thinking, at the beach, I think it was. I tried to put it out of my mind.

Not that I don't know better, I just give-in sometimes.
    It often happens when I'm at my weakest point too. Maybe I'm tired, stressed out, not thinking things through.

Last Monday, I think it was, I got home from working late and told my wife to tell whoever called that I wasn't home again. I shouldn't have.

I laughed a little when I got caught looking through my wife's purse for money. She didn't think it was all that funny.

I guess what I really regret is the time I yelled at my son for doing something I know I've done. But it was late and I was tired.

I told him not to stay up past 10. Then I heard noise and found it was him. He disobeyed me just to have fun, but I told him your still my son.

Thank you God for sending your Son, who died for our sins and gave us life where there was none.
    For in your most sacred heavenly place, you blessed us with the gift of life through Grace.

God Bless,

Cyrano

Edited by - cyrano on 23 June 2002 1:39:49

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Not that I don't know better, I just give-in sometimes.

Welcome to the human race, Cyrano. You would literally go crazy trying to keep everything spoken in the Bible. You sound like you have a pretty normal life to me.

Lew

• Robdar
    Robdar

Cyrano, why are Christians the most unhappy people on earth? You are forgiven. Be happy. God knows you are human. Don't be so down on yourself. Rejoice, Brother.

Love,

Robyn

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

why are Christians the most unhappy people on earth?

Oh, I don't think they are, but those who may appear so, may not really appreciate God's grace.

Constantly trying to 'prove' ourselves is a mark of a belief in salvation by works, not by grace.

Cheers,

Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 23 June 2002 5:47:32

• Francois
    Francois

Cyrano, I suggest most strongly that you ought not "should on yourself." Say it out loud and say it fast: "I won't should on myself." Say it over and over and see how it sounds: I won't should on myself any more.

I believe from what you're saying that you are a sensistive and caring person who agonizes over thing about which you can do nothing - you're letting yesterday take up an awful lot of today. And when today's over, you haven't lived much of it because you're too busy shoulding on yourself about yesterday.

In my experience it's very difficult to make any progress toward the Light if you cannot forgive yourself yesterday. And that's too bad. Yesterday only exists as a differential electrical charge in your neural network. Tomorrow isn't here yet. And so you have only one option that's in any way real: the present moment. And it's true that the beginning of The Way is like walking the razor's edge, but as you become more and more warmed and comfortable with it, The Way becomes like the universe itself; vast and profound.

But it's hard to go on that journey when you willingly tote the millstone of yesterday around your neck and at the same time are chained to a non-existant tomorrow. NOW is the only time we'll ever have, and I recommend to you living in the NOW at all cost.

I wish you much success in your groping for The Way, for God. And finally perhaps you can take heart in the knowledge that when you set out to find God that is absolute proof he's already found you.

Francois

• Robdar
    Robdar

Cyrano, I hope that you are feeling better today.

I wish I had taken the time to say what Francois said. Very well stated, Francois.

Love,

Robyn

Edited to add: Good point, Ozzie.

Edited by - robdar on 23 June 2002 19:12:30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit