ANALYZE THIS

by SoulJah 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

SOULJAH: he says he likes BMX but, he still wants to be a scientest/paelontoligist when he grows up [i don't even think i was allowed to say that when i was his age]
    DAD: why not :-D
    SOULJAH: well that would have meant a college education, and i wasn't even allowed to say that i was interested in getting a college education
    DAD: who said that not me :-D
    SOULJAH: well i guess the society if my memory serves me corect
    SOULJAH: ok maybe they didn' outright say no, but they did lay a heavy guilt trip on you
    DAD: no they said according to your needs to support your self because some parents were sending their kids for a prestige thing or bragging rights your mother and i never said anything to the contrary you had a hard time in regular school and besides we couldn't afford to pay for one you would have to get a scholarship or pay your own way:-D
    DAD: the society has never laid a guilt trip on anyone they only provide you with information to help you make your own choices based on the scriptures and your goals for the future:-D
    SOULJAH: yeah school probably would have been a lot more fun for me if i recieved your patcience and time to sit down and work through some of my challenges in a cival manner, instead of beating me for bad grades
    SOULJAH: actually i did bring up college when i started kenwood high. I remember cause you guys were so mad at me cause i didn't try to go to EVT, "where all the other wittness kids went"
    DAD: some people take it upon themselves to try and tell whatothers what they think you should do according to what "they feel" is what you should do:-D
    SOULJAH: & I do remember all the parts given at the assemblies, discouraging you from getting further education
    DAD: mike when you came back to baltimore you were already having dealings with things that your mother and i didn't know how to cope with and you were aready trying to establish your own identy whether you realize it or not/they never discouraged you from furthering your education just try to remember ti's purpose is to support yourself and a family see you missed that point sounds like you been talking to someone else who didn't get it either:-[
    SOULJAH: ok, then one of us is crazy.

Edited by - SoulJah on 21 June 2002 2:40:44

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

This was a conversation I had with my dad via instant message

• COMF
    COMF
    ANALIZE THIS

It's pretty analized already.

(Not to be confused with analyzed)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another example of a Jehovah's Witness in denial.

Dad: ....whether you realize it or not they never discouraged you from furthering your education...

Dad: ... the society has never laid a guilt trip on anyone they only provide you with information to help you make your own choices...

Fully aware that literature and verbal propaganda state that a Jehovah's Witness should not pursue secular education, but devote their time to the pioneer service because the time left in "this system of things" is "greatly reduced", he instead now tries to defend the Watchtower Society and cast the JW's in a positive light.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 21 June 2002 2:51:13

• COMF
    COMF

Dude, you have completely ruined the delicious irony of the title by changing the spelling. It was much better as it was. Suffix "-ize" means "to cause to be or become; to cause to conform or resemble". So it was appropriate that the content be described as "analized" since there certainly was an anal element to dad's remarks.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ COMF

How true, how true...

• NewWay
    NewWay

SoulJah: Many have got frustrated in this type of conversation with a JW. The reason, I believe is this:

Very few solid statements have been made by the organisation about what is considered right or wrong in living our day-to-day lives. Often we are told 'it is a matter of conscience'. However, articles and talks are given from time to time on subjects in this category which make it obvious what is regarded as the 'proper' thing to do. This is safe for those in authority, because while you are expected to do things one way, and do accordingly, when something goes wrong as a result, they can say, 'Well we never said it was mandatory, in fact we left it entirely up to your own conscience!' Its a tactic that is very difficult to deal with, because you have 'nothing in writing'.

I believe that human instinct is very important. It cuts through all the cunning use of words to deny something that you know is there, but cannot 'prove'. The fact that a large number of people sense the same thing is enough reason to give careful consideration to the matter. After Gavin Becker's two books on human instinct, I'm convinced that the brain is capable of picking up on the truth even when 'logic' gets in the way. Unfortunately, 'loyalty' to the organisation is a powerful force that can cloud a person's mind to resist the alerts made by this valuable inner tool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit