Looking for "Cautious As Serpents" ar...

by AlanF 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm looking for a recent article in either the Watchtower or Awake! with a title or subject "Cautious As Serpents". Anybody know which issue it's in?

AlanF

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

dunno I'm afraid, but decided to say 'hi' and give a bttt

• scholar
    scholar

Alan F

The article or subject that you are looking for is discussed in the Watchtower, 1996, July 15, p.22.

Hope this helps.

Regards

scholar BA MA (Studies in Religion)

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

and there was one , with same name i think, about the late 50's..

at the time, it was big news to the brothers, the thought of "lying" as a theorcratic weapon was an interesting idea..

among other things..... it told how, a sister was doing this when she hid literature among the soiled nappies in her babies pram to get past guards in either the nazi or east german communist state..

sort of 2 things with a natural affinity for each other (in the soiled nappy bag, i mean)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Who'd want to touch the literature after it's been in a soiled nappy??? Can anyone say green baby poo ??

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

prisca -- well, you do get used to it, after a few kids..... LOL

if the lit. was watchtowers for the WT study, i guess there was always a pungent "atmosphere" in the study centre...

and a digression - i once had to demonstrate the effectiveness of a commercial "cutter/mixer (blender) to a group of hospital caterers... the cutting shredding demo was veri effective and got the usual ooohs!!!!!

i got to the blending bit... and showed how useful this function was in dietary care for thsoe who needed soft food....

then i got over-ambitious and threw in some over cooked peas, and produced what looked just like green baby poo -- this produced exactly the reaction you would expect, and the demonstration room was suddenly empty..!

• blondie
    blondie

February 1, 1956 Watchtower page 76 Cautious as Serpents Among Wolves

August 15, 1953 Watchtower page 488 'Be Cautious as Serpents'

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Would to God Jws were harmless as doves!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AlanF,

Being so smart, I thought we should ask you the questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit