THE RECOVERY PROCESS

by zev 4 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

THE RECOVERY PROCESS OF LEAVING THE WATCHTOWER taken from http://jwfiles.com/recovery.htm {credit where credit is due

. I worked years ago with a middle-aged couple that was second and third generation JWs who at my urging, read Ray's book Crisis of Conscience. He had been a former elder and the effect it had on him literally made him sick. For one week this man lived in an emotional roller coaster of fear, dread, paranoia, clarity, anger, hurt, and vindictiveness. In my own personal experience I felt like my heart had been ripped out of me. I wanted to understand why and how God's people could be so cruel.

I thought that this site was interesting. Just passing it along. I'm sure most have seen this stuff before, but I never fail now on a daily basis to add to my ever growing bookmarks about the borg.

My dear friend Chag/Chagger/Somebody has expressed concern for my well being, because I have ordered the book, Crisis of Conscience. After I read what I quoted above, I now sort of understand why she feels so.

My book will be arriving early this coming week. I don't and can't know how I will react to what I will be reading. I am confident however, that I can turn here for the support I will need to keep from cracking up !

Thanks, in much anticipated advance.

__

zev

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Zev,
    Go for it. I haven't finished reading it. But I have read a lot of it. Some of it will break your heart, some will make you angry. But above all it will open your eyes.
    TW

• neyank
    neyank

Hi zev,
    Reading Crisis of Concience certainly answered many questions I had about the WTS and their teachings.
    I think at least for me, one of the hardest things to admit to myself was the fact that I was taken in (fooled) into believing that this man made orginization was from God. And that they were speaking for Him.
    I've heard over and over again that unless we are connected to the WTS and go to the meetings we will die at Armageddon because that is where God teaches His people.
    Well,learning from reading COC we can see the mess ups the org. has made regarding the teachings that they acredit to God.
    neyank

• zev
    zev
    [/b] thinkers wife said:
    Zev,
    Go for it. <snipped> But above all it will open your eyes.

[/b]

Thanks....

[/b] neyank said:
    Hi zev,
    <snipped>
    I think at least for me, one of the hardest things to admit to myself was the fact that I was taken in (fooled) into believing that this man made orginization was from God. And that they were speaking for Him.
    [/b]

Something I've been suspicious for a long time. Nagging ??? in my head for years now. I've got to get the answers.

thanks neyank, thinkers wife....

__

zev

• waiting
    waiting

hey zev,

As pertains to understanding what's happened to a person - reading and talking with others about it cannot be played down. Very necessary. But to sink in, fit it into our hearts and minds takes time.

The journey can be of indeterminate length, but not necessarily bad.

Get your yellow highlighter ready....

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit