They're everywhere

by Elders_Kid 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

I went to work last night and stopped by the employee break room and you'll never guess what I found... a copy of the Watchtower and Awake!!! Of course I immediatly filed them in the trash can, but seeing them there has raised quite a concern for me.

You see the problem is that I work at a correctional facility, and all entrances are completely secured. That means that one of the officers left the magazines one the table, and the bad part is that it appears as if someone had been reading one of them. Now I don't know if someone stopped at the lobby and gave them to the receptionist, and she was kind enough to drop them off, or if somebody brought them in from home, but they were there. Everybody I talked to didn't know anything about them.

I just hope that everyone that I work with is smart enough to realize that the dubs are full of crap, and to stay away like they have the plague. You would think that after hearing all the pleasant thinks that I have said about them that they wouldn't want anything to do with the dubs. By the way, can dubs be corrections officers? I think I remember something about them not being able to be police officers because they weren't allowed to carry weapons, but does this also apply to corrections?

Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted if I find out anything more.

EK

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Elders Kid,

I going to get worse. Pretty soon you are going to see Watchtower and Awake magazines in your dreams.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    Pretty soon you are going to see Watchtower and Awake magazines in your dreams.

LOL

I was at a friends house the other day and saw a copy of them on one of their end tables. I went outside and asked him if my parents had been there. He looked at me strange so I said I saw the magazines. Realization struck him and he started laughing. Hopefully the person in his house only accepted them for fire wood or maybe for a picture in it (they are all artists). F***ing scared me though.

Spice

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Last month, I strolled into the lunch area at work and saw an awake on the table. I absolutely freaked but tried to remain calm. I work in a small engineering facility and to this day I wonder who could have possibly brought the magazine in, especially since I've heard lots of anti-JW comments at work.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Time for a potty break!!!

• jst_me
    jst_me

If I saw any of that mess at work I would complain...there is no place for it at work.

That is, if I ever get another job

• NoMoreJW
    NoMoreJW

Well Im having the opposite! Ive been away for about nine or ten years now and in that time Ive only been "visited" perhaps three times! Id been involved for about the same length of time and when I left I expected a barrage of calls topersuade me back but nothing. Since I gave away my vast collection of literature I havent seen one single WBTS leaflet, magazine, brochure, book or anything! Whats happened to the FS campaigns that used to call every six weeks maximum? Not that Im complaining :)

M.

Edited by - NoMoreJW on 26 June 2002 11:54:56

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

I know, they get around don't they? I always discreetly or not so discreetly ;) put them in the trash. I think it's time to fight back if they get too obnoxious-- ya know, leave a nice little expose type pamphlet on the WT in their place. Or maybe return to sender style and dump them at the local hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit