Stratton, Ohio Undaunted By Decision

by Kenneson 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The recent Supreme Court decision hasn't converted Stratton, Ohio residents to Jws. As a matter of fact, they remain stalwart against Jehovism.

Check:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/06/18/scotus.jehovah.switne.ap/index.html

• ronin1
    ronin1

The Great Big WTS must be really desparate for attention when it has to pick on a small town like this. And the town law was really not to hurt the JW's. They should have seen it as a protection should something happened their whereabouts would be known and possibly they would not get accused of anything.

I hope this Supreme Court ruling backfires in the Great Big WTS face.

Ronin1

• startingover
    startingover

How about the quote from the witness...

"We had enough faith to believe that they would see this was a violation of our constitutional rights," Goddard, 66, said while standing in her back yard, taking a break from cleaning her house.

Why can she think it's alright to have constitutional rights and then have contempt for the flag and country that makes it all possible.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

startingover

Why can she think it's alright to have constitutional rights and then have contempt for the flag and country that makes it all possible.

I couldn't agree more. The JW's are one of the most hypocritical religions in the history of mankind. Whenever they feel their ministry (ALSO KNOWN AS = public distribution of worthless literature for revenue) is threatened, they cry foul and run to the courts. Yet, in their study articles and at their meetings they criticize the very same courts they go to as "worldly" and controlled by Satan the Devil.

Why run to a system run by Satan for assistance? It's called hypocrisy.

Another sick reality is they will proclaim this legal victory at circuit and district conventions as a blessing from Jehovah and another demonstration that they have the true religion.

Funny how they only tell you one side of the story.

When will they tell you about Dateline? A credible journalism program which ran a story on pedophiles within the organization?

They wont, because it casts the WTBTS in a bad light.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

On another note, this quote from the article amused me. This is further proof that the majority of people know little or nothing about the JW religion, other than they go from door-to-door.

Despite village officials' claims to the contrary, Goddard and her granddaughter Theresa Hendricks said they believe the ordinance targeted Jehovah's Witnesses.

"They're not out to hurt anyone," said Hendricks, 32, a Methodist. "They're not scary. They're just people with a message." The denomination requires doorstep proselytizing.

Perhaps she knows NOTHING about the shielding of pedophiles within the organization to maintain a clean image for the public with the implementation of the two-witness rule, or the blood doctrine claiming the lives of thousands of children, or the discouragement of education for decades which sent countless lives into financial ruin, or the dividing of families with the practice of shunning, or the people driven to suicide because of a feeling of hopelessness when losing all they have ever known simply because they disagree with WT doctrine.

NO, THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY AND JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARENT OUT TO HURT ANYONE. THEYRE JUST PEOPLE WITH A MESSAGE.

Since the article stated she is a Methodist, perhaps people should educate themselves on the practices of a particular religion before making a blanket statement.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I suppose my above post is what prompted a J-Dub to send me an unsolicited email.

If you would like to know what I am talking about, reference the following link:

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yes I was going to add but someone beat me to it but, does this also give pedophiles the right to call door to door to....

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit