Satan and the First Ammendment

by Siddhashunyata 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

So , the WTBTS boasts that their Supreme Court Victories have greatly assured Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech for the American people. Sounds like the WT God is a God of free religion and free speech. Now consider the fact that the WTBTS denies freedom of religion and freedom of speech within their own organization. Sounds like their God is not a God of free religion and free speech. What's going on here? Is Jehovah for the First Ammendment rights or against them. If he's for them then he's not with the WTBTS because they are against them, and if he's against these rights then his organization is being manipulated , by Satan, the apparent author of the First Ammendment. So is Jehovah giving them the Supreme Court victories or is Satan ? What are they boasting about?

• terafera
    terafera

good points!

• heathen
    heathen

Now I'm confused .You make my head hurt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yes, excellent post. I had heard the news, but was not surprised. Society is not quite ready to shut down religions.

JW's have always desired all the freedoms and benefits of this society, and yet they will not vote, or take a functional part in any the world's politics. They only care about "their own".

They will go down with the rest of the religions when the time comes.

"The Truth Is Out There"

Karen/Sentinel

• voltaire
    voltaire

Jws are all for freedom of religion as far as it pertains to them. If they had the power, society would be no more free here than Afghan society under the Taliban. It is the pinnacle of hypocrisy to fight for freedom of spech and conscience while at the same time denying it to others.

They would take credit for the freedoms we enjoy? I give the credit to the American judicial system. Isn't it funny that JWs didn't win freedom of religion under the Nazis? The dissenting group can't take the lion's share of the credit, that goes to the government that was enlightened enough to rule in favor of those freedoms. Also, I think that if JWs hadn't pushed these cases forward, other groups would have raised similar issues concerning freedom of speech. In the end, the credit goes to Satan and his corrupt dupes, the supreme court justices.

• Bang
    Bang

If they didn't actively avoid reading or hearing other people's opinions, it wouldn't seem so nasty - but they do.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit