The Watchtowers Motive: Greed

by metatron 9 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Hitler wasn't motivated by a desire for riches. He was driven by greed all the same: a greediness

for power, the desire for absolute control of fellow humans. This desire motivates others,

like Saddam Hussein, for example. It is also the primary motive of the Watchtower leadership

as well.

Consider how much trouble and bitterness they could avoid simply by letting go of their

own spirit of greediness - suppose they 'ruled' that anyone who stopped turning in time for

one year was no longer a JW - NOT to be DA'd, not to be DF'd - just not a member. Suppose they

revoked their instructions that elders are not permitted to resign? Suppose they sent out

a letter to all bodies of elders saying that Witnesses are not to be DF'd because of any

private opinion or loss of faith, as long as they keep it private? (which is actually what

the Bible says! "reject a man who PROMOTES a sect" . Why do they create a "Les Miserables

scenario where ex-Witnesses are eternally liable to being df'd, no matter how long ago they've left?

Why do they approve of the baptism of minors as young as 10, when even the world

has enough ethics to disallow them to enter into contracts?

Why, why, why?

Answer: greed - the greedy desire to dominate, punish, and control others - without

regard for their opinions, rights, or conscience. Hitler would understand -- and approve.

metatron

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost
    The Watchtowers Motive: Greed

Perhaps, but there is more to it than greed...

Why, why, why?

Answer: greed - the greedy desire to dominate, punish, and control others - without

regard for their opinions, rights, or conscience. Hitler would understand -- and approve.

It is in my opinion that the whole Watchtower itself fits into the entire scenario of the blind leading the blind who cannot or will not overcome their lust for power or their egotistical pride to change a few things.

Greed

Power

Ego

Pride

Moe

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Metatron,

Suppose they

revoked their instructions that elders are not permitted to resign?

The past few years elders have not just been able to resign. They must do so in a letter outlining their reasons for doing so. This was always the routine going way back to 1972 when the arrangment was first instituted.

Now elders are questioned by two members of their local body after receipt of the letter, to verify the validity of the reason for resignation. These elders then report their findings to the CO verbally. Most of the harm done to the WTS from within the past two decades has been by Bethelseenthelites, elders and one or two CO's who have defected and the WTS knows that. Staff are being watched very carefully.

No-one gets out of life alive....

HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey metatron,Hitler is small potatoes compared to WBTS.Hitler killed millions of people.JW`s support an organization that claims it will kill BILLIONS of people.So on the first day after the great slaughter,JW`s will be surrounded by dead relatives,friends and anybody else that didn`t want to join their evil organization.Not only that,the bastards that did this evil are now in charge.Sounds like paradise to me.. NOT! ...OUTLAW

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

I think greed is part of it, fear another (fear of losing control), pride (they don't want to admit they are wrong), selfishness (they only think of how things effect them). ("They" being the GB/organization)

Looking from the outside of the borg now, it is so easy to see the very huge shortcomings of it. It is hard to see why everyone can't. I guess that is because the one thing they are very good at is brainwashing tactics. They cover all the bases when they indoctrinate people into the organization.

• SYN
    SYN

Outlaw: I think you're forgetting that the Tower is WAITING for billions of people to die, whereas Hitler ACTUALLY KILLED millions. Then again, one life lost is one life too many, and I think we all know just how bloodguilty the ole Tower boys are. Nice one, guys. Karma - it comes back to you in the next life. Let's hope the GB members are reincarnated as butt flies or something.

• happy man
    happy man

Hilary

well then i was lucky when they told mee 3 yers ago, that it was not so good i was an elder when i have to boys not in the truth, and trobbel widh the oldest, here in sweden i think some PO have set upp high levels , and if you dont get ther, you have to qite. when this happend i have ben elder for almost 30 year.

• ISP
    ISP

Nah! Its MONEY!

Its a damn good business they got there.

ISP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Syn,Quite true,the mass murder hasn`t taken place yet,but the organization that supports it have already killed many,with their own policies.They are still guilty of murder first hand for now.They intend to be accesorys to mass murder later.Not all Nazi`s killed people,some just supported the murders and or helped bury the dead.Dubs don`t intend to murder people,they just support an organization that will,be it physical or spiritual executioners.Then they intend to bury the victims of the organization they support.In short they are already planning to be accesorys to murder.If you are a partner in a planned murder you,are as guilty as the murderer...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 19 June 2002 18:0:37

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Outlaw it's this kind of hyperbole that diminishes the credibility of sites like this. Anyone that knows anything about Witnesses knows that they say God will execute judgement, not them, and that they play no part in it. "Stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah" is the direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit