Model Boat Race

by Undecided 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Just checking to see if it worked.

This is one of my hobbies. I haven't been very active this year but I have had a lot of fun racing these R/C sailing boats. We go to Atlanta Ga. Charleston SC. and several other places to race.

I have a wall of trophies I've won over the years, but am not as competitive as I was in the past.

Ken P.

Edited by - Undecided on 18 June 2002 18:5:15

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Neat-o!

I used to build r/c planes, but I got tired of crashing my hard work!

Maybe I should've buit r/c boats, eh? At least you can jump in after a boat and save it!

P.S. The pic's look great. Very crisp.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Joeshmoe,

Yes they do last longer, I still have my original boat I buit in 1975 and it is still in good shape.

My R/C planes last good also, my last one I built is still flying at six years old, but I had to repair it after the battery pack went bad in the plane. I still love to fly planes. I was into flying in contest but gave it up several years ago. I have a box full of trophies for that also.

Ken P.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Great stuff.

One of my hobbies is sailing,I think if we got as close as to one another as you do we would be in trouble though.

Dont know if your interested,but I am half way through building a scale model of a U boat(U47).

Its 2 meters long and fully functional,apart from firing torpedoes,and taken just over a year so far.

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Ken P.

I flew two out of radio range and literally watched them become specks in the distance! Found one, God only knows where the other ended up!

Is there a trophy I can get for being sputid? Er, stupid?

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

So who won the race?

My husband builds sailboats and airplanes! He is asleep right now so can't tell you what kind except the airpanes are 50 % . Just sold quite a few he built plus the trailer to haul them in. I know one is a Pitts...He got a lot of stuff from John Light in Tennessee.Had half Barby dolls in the front seat! They (Him and our son) have won a few trophies. He has also buit them for other people. I think we have 2 saiboats left and one cruiser. All R.C. We also had a helicopter..those are bizarre! He wants another one of those. The other planes cost anywhere from $500.00 to $10,000.--To expensive to wreck!!!!

We also had a 25 ft Catalina w/ roller furling.(Nice!). Sailed it on Carlye lake in Illinois...Bad lake..Waves get as big as a ocean... If I can figure out how to post a picture ..maybe I can show off some of them!

GG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit