Congrats to my bro-in-law...the graduate

by ashitaka 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

My brother-in-law is graduating today, and I just wanted to tell you guys how proud I am of him. He's overcome learning disabilities to be one of the top in his class. He was on the honor roll the entire year, and he stood up for himself when it came time to decide between the whims of his parents and his personal honor.

He dealt with emotional and physical abuse from his parents. They threw him out of the house, down the stairs, against the wall. And he bore it without ever becoming violent with them. He did the right thing. He got away, and never went back.

In the time he's been living with us, my brother-in-law has changed from a frightened, suicidal kid, to a strong, willful man, not afraid to live.

I'm proud of him so much because of the tyrants his parents were. He did even what I was afraid to do. He stood up for himself, and never backed down. He didn't let them turn him into a JW clone, just because they threatened him...and he told them so. This from a kid who was so shy when I met him, that when you talked to him, he was too shy to talk back.

My brother-in-law is a great kid......congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dmouse
    dmouse

What a heart-warming story!

Thanks for sharing it and give him a pat on the back from us!

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey ashitaka - sounds like your brother-in-law isn't the only one who deserves a pat on the back - you must be a great and supportive family to him

• outnfree
    outnfree

Ashi,

I'm so happy to read the positive outcome of his decision to leave thanks to your support (and that of your wife/his sister).

Please pass along my congratulations, too!

WAY TO GO, ASHI'S BROTHER-IN-LAW!!!!!!!

out

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Ah Ashi, you write so eleoquently of your brother-in-law. He must surely be a special guy. My congratulations to him and the rest of your family!

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

great story ashi --- tell your B-I-L that we think he's great!!!!!

rememberering your story, i can see why you are so pleased.

its simply amazing how stupid some inhabitants of dub city are...!!! how could his parents prefer a scared kid to a real man!!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

YEA TO ASHI'S BROTHER - IN - LAW!!

Tell him we are so proud!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit