Crises of conscience

by Deltawave 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, congratulations on your new-found freedom of mind. Stick with your decisions.

My first real book that "they" wouldn't want me to read was Steve Hassan's COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL. Ray Franz' COC was next.

In both cases, I was glued to the book just like you. It was about 9 years ago, and I had never even heard anything about Ray Franz and his being kicked out.

I think the awesome thing about COC is that Ray was in the Governing Body, and he was a writer for Watchtower. So he knew how to write in such a non-controversial way without bitterness and heavy opinions. Plus he knew what they were doing at the Ivory Tower.

I tried writing about Jehovah's Witnesses, and it was just a bitter read loaded with heavy judgement. I had to abandon it.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Hi Deltaware,

After I discovered, TTATT.. I had to start discussing my findings with my wife.

the first thing that her and I considered together was An Amazing Audio recording from Brother Dunlap.. He was close friends with Bro.Franz, and he is one of my Heroes. An amazing man.

you can find the recording here : http://www.watchtowernews.org/media/dunlap.mp3

He discusses his experience writing the book "Aid to Bible Understanding" along with Ray Franz, and how things started to become so clear as he was doing Deep Bible a Research.

I hope you're able to listen to his recording, I promise that you will genuinely benefit from it & Enjoy it.

take Care!

P.S. After listining to Bro.Dunlap, my wife agreed to Read COC.. We were both out of the ORg, within 3 Months after this. : )

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

DOC just told em' to STFU lol

But seriously, slow down with the fam...and be sure to have a good excuse for the elders when you submit your letter requesting that you no longer be considered a pioneer. They will want to get into your business, but don't give them too much of a reason. It is not their concern what you do with YOUR time.

Best Wishes,

Blackfalcon98

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    OTWO, your writing has helped alot of people.
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Same here. When I read it seven years ago - It took me 2 days. I closed it and suggested to my wife we leave. Of course leaving to about 9 months for further research and to make sure my wife and kids left with me...But it confirmed all my decades of doubt indeed.
  • scary21
    scary21

In Search of Christian freedom was much more detailed about doctrine. After you read it you will know just how wrong their beliefs are. I like DETAILS ....I guess that's why I like the book so much.
    Warning: Just like everyone said it will be hard to keep it to yourself.

Also it's very long...........but I like that too...lol

• cognitivedizzy
    cognitivedizzy

Amazing how it takes just 3 days,,, same here mate 3 days ... I had to read on my mobile.. a 5 incher :) So you can Imagine...

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Same here. Couldn't put it down. It confirmed for me a lot of my suspicions... and it educated me on other things I was not aware of (like the 2/3rds majority in voting... wtf?).
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    It took me longer to read it because I hid it in my car trunk and read it when I would pull over to a parking lot for a little bit each day on my way home from work. I was scared stiff that someone from the hall would see me. That book really helped me organize my thoughts in my early days of researching my belief system.
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    That was all I needed to realize TTATT. It should be mandatory reading for all the R&F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit