Mentally Diseased - is it partly our fault that we got this label?

by cappytan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

That I do agree with Cappytan,

It is an easy out for us, but a reaffirmation that "people fully indoctrinated are the happiest!" When its really the opposite.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Naming and identifying people who object or are opposed to the WTS doctrines is a way to demean these people's mental articulation and cognitive intelligence, in other words they are mentally unhealthy..

Nothing could be further from the truth, for example Ray Franz who was once a GB member, after listening and reading his books , does he sound mentally off or unbalanced.

Just because a person has the intellectual intelligence and integrity to evaluate the WTS doctrines which are known to be false and have been recognized as such doesn't make one mentally diseased.

By the way the description of one being mentally diseased is nonsensical for the word mental describes ones psychological state and diseased is descriptive of a physiological state or condition.

Once again the lack of education by the leading head writers of the WTS becomes apparent .

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

If a person says growing a beard is wrong or,

If a person believes saying "Bless you" after sneezing is wrong or,

If a person believes eating a turkey on a certain day is wrong but OK on any other day, or,

If a person believes that masturbating turns you in a Homosexual or,

If a person believes that if your child is in an accident and needs a blood transfusion but its better to let him die than accept a blood transfusion or,

If a person believes that it is wrong to take blood but it's OK to take blood as long as they break it into fractions or,

If a person believes it's OK to talk to a person who has raped a 5 year old child but it's not OK to talk to a person who doesn't believe in the overlapping generation

Then who really is the one that's Mentally Diseased?

And since the members can't figure this out, what does that say about the members?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    It is a term used to "demonise" those who learn TTATT, and scare others of from doing the same....
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

cappytan - "A common way for apostates to 'fade' is to pretend to have depression or anxiety problems."

Actually, more often than not, they don't have to pretend.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point John

Then who really is the one that's Mentally Diseased?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Actually, more often than not, they don't have to pretend.

That's a good point, too.

• dhlpcjw
    dhlpcjw
    cappytan- Oh, and not to mention the subliminal messages conspiracy theorists. I mean, if subliminal message conspiracy theorist doesn't scream some kind of mental issues, I don't know what does.

Not to get off topic here cappytan but doesn't that kind of name calling sound an awful lot like what Watchtower does?

I have a lot of respect for your posts here. Actually some of you're threads on here have been my favorite while waking up to TTATT. But these kind of comments I find pretty hypocritical considering you seem to take offense to being called mentally diseased. At some point in time you too were probably in agreement with at least most of what Watchtower taught, and it probably included a pretty negative view of apostates. Now that your views have changed does that make it alright to call someone else mentally diseased?

Personally I find conspiracy theories fascinating. Do I accept all I read about as fact? Absolutely not. Have some conspiracy theories turned out to have had some truth to them. I say yes. I question everything. If I didn't, I never would have woken up to Watchtower's lies.

The concept of Watchtower is a conspiracy in my opinion. The GB has a goal of ruling over all mankind, and has conspired to mentally enslave as many people as possible while keeping its members in an information blackout.

So I would say I personally am a conspiracy theorist. Because I enjoy weighing different facts and theorizing what might or might not be. And I'm trying to ask in the nicest way possible to please be considerate of that.

Thanks cappy.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Not to get off topic here cappytan but doesn't that kind of name calling sound an awful lot like what Watchtower does?

Didn't mean to offend. Mea culpa.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Dhl is obviously a "i saw jesus in my

latte" type...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit