LEFT BEHIND great read-New One Coming

by Trotafox 1 Replies latest social entertainment

• Trotafox
    Trotafox
    I see from a search that this seems to be a yearly topic for the last two years but I'm bringing it up again.
    I just started reading the LEFT BEHIND Series by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins. I think it is a very enjoyable series of books (IMHO). They are easy reads so you can read a book in a couple of days and I borrowed every one of them. So check with some Christian friends. Many have these books in their library. See www.leftbehind.com.
    I'm on the last book published so far; there will be 12 in total. For current LEFT BEHIND readers, No. 10 is coming out in July ("The Remnant"). FOR "LEFT BEHIND" READERS: Waiting, RR, Frenchy, Flowerpetal, Lydia, Adonai438, Pork Chop, and mrs rocky2.
    There's lots of tension building, plenty of predicaments, some great characters (some not so great), and pretty well follows literal biblical book of Revelations. Of course, I read it just coming out of the JW's which was a little difficult for me because we all know the JW's have a different take on Relevations (no Rapture....JW's are saved and everyone else is bird food whether you're a follower of Christ or not! ). I remembered the Rapture teaching when I was in Church of Christ so it was not a new topic for me.
    I saw the movie but didn't think too much of it. It could have been so much better. I believe they are embroiled in a law suit over the movie at the moment and there is talk of doing another. I'd love to see this, however, as a 3-part mini series on TV as long as they stick to the book. They left so much out of the movie.
    Following is a list:
    No. 1 "LEFT BEHIND" - A novel of the earth's last days.
    No. 2 "TRIBULATION FORCE" - The continuing drama of those left behind.
    No. 3 "NICOLAE" - The rise of the Antichrist
    No. 4 "SOUL HARVEST" - The world takes sides.
    No. 5 "APPOLYON" - The Destroyer is unleashed.
    No. 6 - "ASSASSINS" - Assignment: Jerusalem, Target: Antichrist
    No. 7 - "THE INDWELLING" - The Beast takes possession.
    No. 8 - "THE MARK" - The Beast rules the world.
    No. 9 - " DESECRATION" - Antichrist takes the throne.
    No. 10 - "THE REMNANT" (coming out in July) - On the brink of Armaggedon.
    (No. 11 and 12 due June 2003 and June 2004, respectively)

Trot (Trot on a diet!)

Edited by - Trotafox on 16 June 2002 16:33:41

• 2SYN
    2SYN

I always did like fantasy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit