i committed the unforgiveable sin

by 060702015 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    060702015a minute agoI don't think counseling will fix a spiritual matter. Thank you for reading my experience. Everyday is hard on me it makes me sick to my stomach. Sleep is the only time I find relief. Enjoy your sunday.
    There is no such thing as a 'spiritual matter'. That's just watchtower spin. Everyday you are hard on yourself because the WBT$ has filled you with guilt. Now is not the time to sleep. It's time to wake up...do your research.

What's happening to you is that you are becoming aware that the WBT$ has conned you but you can't quite see the wood for the trees yet. That's why you posted here! You know something is wrong in the watchtower corporation.....take your time and figure it out for yourself. Perhaps looking at JWFacts.com will help you.
  • stillin
    stillin

It's true that you will have to work this out yourself...with God or without Him. But you should also know that nobody has all of the answers even if they say they do. So you won't be tripped into anything during a time of weakness.

I doubt very much that anything you may have done constitutes a "sin against the Holy Spirit." Life is fluid. Our thinking changes and matures. Not to mention the cocktail of hormones that we serve ourselves all through life that sends us on rushes all over the place.

be better to yourself. Enjoy a little slice of life.

• millie210
    millie210

Most people are very sad and upset when they first get here.

Almost every single one feels better after being here a while.

Stay. Read. You will feel better.

We will help you.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I don't think counselling will fix a spiritual matter

I'm the last person to give you 'spiritual counseling', but I can listen.

eventually my flawed logic and feelings began to go into dark places. i started to think things about Jehovah God that were not true.

Could you expand on this a bit more? Could it be that your logic was not so flawed? That your feelings were actually leading you to a reality that you unconsciously resisted and interpreted as 'dark'?

I think you should trust your own instincts and judgement a little more. Give yourself some credit.

Looking forward to hearing more from you . .

• violias
    violias

Glad you joined the board and hope you stay and read . In 1996 I would have sounded much like you. First the Watchtower Society does not speak for Jehovah. Second, you grew up with some mentally ill , seriously dysfunctional people. I did too. It took me years of therapy to figure out I was not crazy- I was raised in a crazy environment .

You sound really depressed and should probably go see a therapist and just tell them what you have told us. They will probably refer you to a doctor who can prescribe meds.

You are not evil- the WTS is evil for making people feel this bad about themselves. Dude ( or dudette) , do you have any dead bodies in the trunk of your car? If not you are just a human like the rest of us.

Listen to Todd Snider , song called " Alright Guy ( or Gal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXL_ZTaA6p4

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Your problem is...that you don"t understand the gospel....

which says:

Blessed (saved justified and heaven bound) are the poor in spirit. Matthew 5:3 Jesus died for the ungodly, sinners, lost, confused, depressed, dysfunctional etc. How much more will He give the Holy Spirit to those who ASK Him. Luke 11:9-13 Jesus invites us, not to an organization, or man-made religion, but to Himself. Come unto me, ALL who are heavy laden (with doubts, fears, sins, failures etc.) and I will give you rest (peace, forgiveness, pardon, joy, transformation). Remember I John 1:9

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Check your messages Vanderhoven
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    violias - doctor who can prescribe meds.

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, there, 060702015

I can see you are in a lot of distress! And for good reason. First off, try taking a deep breath........ < breathe in, breathe out > Nice and slow, and do that a few times.

Okay, phew, calm out a bit. Realize that you, in this moment, are okay. You can take a bit of time to settle down and chill.

Now. Yes, things are a mess. The thing is, that messes can get cleaned up. Some take longer than others, but with persistence, and hard work, it gets done.

For the moment, KNOW that you can turn life around and make it better - get through THIS moment. Today. You have support - you are NOT alone. Realize that you matter to people, and not just strangers on the internet.

KNOW that you are important, you are worthwhile, and dammit, it's just not fair! That's understood. Now, consider yourself hugged (if that is ok with you, if not, a firm squeeze to your shoulder!), and also know that it's okay to feel this pain. It's real, and natural.

Next step,,, figure out where to go from here.

xo Be a thriver!

• New day
    New day

Millie2010

Lovely post. Short, to the point, and loving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit