DO THE GB HAVE A CONSCIENCE?

by anglise 5 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

As you read of all the "flip-flops" and the cover ups and even blatent lies that the GB has published throughout the years doesnt it make you wonder how they can do it.

If they really believe there is an all powerful being whom they represent how can they actively be so misleading and dishonest in full knowledge that He sees and knows what they are doing.

"9 For, as regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him. You have acted foolishly respecting this, for from now on there will exist wars against you." 2 Chron 16v9

Or are they so deluded that they think they have special dispensation from on high and that He turns a blind eye to all their readjusments and distortions of 'truth'?

"16 There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers." Prov 6 16-19

Or do they not believe any of it anyway and are merely in it to climb the corporate ladder and wield power over others?

• LDH
    LDH

In short, no.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Anglise:

I've wondered about that myself.

I think they've been immersed in the WT so long, spending their entire lives following, and then making, it's doctrines, that they actually believe what they say. They think that this is how God actually works. Once they delude themselves in this fashion, any flip-flops or lies become justifiable.

It's the same mentality shown by the average JW when they explain shunning to be an act of love, and they believe it to be so.

Given that level of delusion, conscience isn't really a factor.

But the motivating force behind the delusion is indeed, the love of power over others.

It's a testimony to the capicity of the human mind to avoid reality.

Expatbrit.

• Latte
    Latte

anglise,

I think you alone, have more of a conscience than all the GB put together!

Sure, they KNOW all the accusations that are thrown at them, and they continue. What can you say? They like it that way...they want to stay in their positions of control.

I am staggered that more witnesses are not leaving, as it is clear that the 1914 understanding is so open-ended... it's untrue.

I have been pondering as to what I would say to the GB, if I were to have an audience with them. I'll post again on this one

Latte

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I too have wondered about this. I relflect Expatbrits, thoughts. Well said.
    TW

• philo
    philo

I think Ray Franz has explained this brilliantly. And he does not condemn the men in charge for the most part. The organisation is the real culprit and whatever vanity any leaders may have about their positions is not so important.

I recommend anybody who condemns the GB reads Crisis of Conscience.

philo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit