WT answer to the question: Who made Jehovah's dwelling place?

by NCC-1701 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Before I pose my question, please correct me if my understanding on any of these points on WT beliefs are incorrect.

1. Jehovah God alone has existed from eternity. He used no pre-existent material to form anything.

2. Jehovah has a literal dwelling place, albeit not made from anything from,and not contained within, creation itself.

3. Jehovah God, alone, created Jesus at some point before the creation of everything else. Jesus is the only direct creation of Jehovah.

4. Everything in all of creation was made through Jesus.

It would seem logical that any dwelling place for Jehovah would have to be as eternal as he is. So can it be said that Jehovah alone is eternal?

Who made Jehovah's dwelling place? Thanks.

NCC-1701

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Who created God's dwelling place according to WT theology? I gots to know. What can I say, I'm a punk. (Hope this image comes out ok)

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

I don't know the Society's official stance on this, but in the 1990's and early 2000's, I heard some JW elders give these answers before:

1: Jehovah created the spiritual Heavens out of the same "holy spirit energy" material (or out of nothing) that He used to create everything else. Before this, there was just God, nothing else.

2: Somehow Heaven (the spirit realm) is eternal just like God is eternal.

3: God lives in outer space but deep, deep, deeply beyond anywhere that we can ever discover.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    NCC - It would seem logical that any dwelling place for Jehovah would have to be as eternal as he is. So can it be said that Jehovah alone is eternal?

We're talking magic men in the sky here, you can't employ any logic whatsoever.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Same kind of stupid questions as "If God is almighty, can He then create a stone heavy enough for Him not to be able to lift it?"
  • Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Actually I can answer that.

The being(s) who created Jehovah's dwelling place are the same one(s) who created Jehovah himself.

Are are you ready for it?

Bronze age desert dwelling sheep herders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit