I have a dumb question....

by SpiceItUp 5 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

OK I have been reading and posting for a couple of weeks and love it here. I noticed some terminoligy that I hadn't come across before when speaking about the JW's. I get calling them the "Borg" - I am a Star Trek fan (lol..I think its funnie) but I still cannot figure out why they are called "Dubs".

Also are there any other fun names you want to share?

Spice

• ballistic
    ballistic

JAY-DUB J-W

As for the Borg, well there is more than just BORG - ORG. There are many similarities.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

SpiceItUp...From growing up in it, you discover that some people would call us J-W's (Jay-W's). It used to piss everyone off. No respect and all that...anyway I believe Dubs is just a shortened version of J-W's. I think it's perfect because a "dub" in the audio/video world, is just an exact duplicate of something else. Seems to fit them well.

BONEZZ

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

OK Spice, I'm a newbie too. My guess is the dubs refers to JW...dub being the first syllable of "W"..Jdubs..a nickname of sorts? Good guess? Borg was explained to me earlier this AM...it does refer to the Start Trek borgs....oneness of mind...all controlled by the superior...aptly applied here.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Never be afraid to ask dumb questions. In my first contact with Windrider, I asked her a really dumb question. Because of that, I found my soul mate.

Richard

• Amazing
    Amazing

On H20 forum I started using the term "Big-O" (a play on Big-O tires on the West Coast) but meant as a reference to the JWs virtual worship of Big Organization. Sometimes I would notice that the term is mentioned more in their literature than the names Jehovah. And the name Jehovah is almost always used in reference to the organization, such as Jehovah's Organization, or Jehovah and His Organization.

Sometime after I started using this it took off well and was used by others. Then somewhere along the line, someone said that the term is also used in reference to having a Big Orgasm ... so, I kind of let the usage stop, because I did not want to give sex and orgasms a bad name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit