This is too much!

by TheContagion 4 Replies latest jw friends

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

I started reading though some posts, starting with Sabine's about that poor young man who hung himself. I got so angry! Then i moved on to Sentinel's post about how she was treated in her JC meeting. I had heard stories like that before, and i can only guess how rampid this is throughoutut the organization. Then onto the one about Lawrence Hughes daughter. All i could feel was furious anger at these ignorant heartless people. I started telling my friend about some of what i was reading, we were interrupted and began talking a bout some movie then she invited me over and by this time the posts had moved to the back of my mind as i thought about how i would be great to go over there and watch a movie. Then as a hung up and looked over at my computer...i just started sobbing. For few mins i just sat here and cried. I didn't know these people, but my heart still aches for them. How can the governing body live through this!?

Anyhow...it got me thinking. I have only my practicum hours left to become a registered professional counselor. I didn't really want to finish it because of my prospects due to my age and the competitive market here. But really i would love to volunteer my time as some sort of exit counselor and activist to try to stop these things from continuing, and broadening people's awareness. So i am wondering if any of you have some advice or know any counselors that specialized in this. I have to go now and can't wait to hear from ya.

Love ˚Ċổņŧġi♂ŋ˚

Ps. Sorry i don't know how to make the letters black again.

Edited by - TheContagion on 14 June 2002 22:38:12

• Bang
    Bang

Check this out. This is about the only jws that I actually know - and backed by the cong. A young woman travelled for many many years to earn enough money for her and her husband to build a home and have more kids. The jovies then moved in next door, and not liking them because they were "evil" catholics, proceeded to do very arrogant and nasty deeds, upsetting them no end. Anyway, instead of having more kids, the young woman got an internal disease. Her mother then worried and worried about the plight of her daughter and also her home - so then her mother got bowel cancer and took half a year to die, in her daughters hands. The woman is recovering from the disease, but there's no way that those jovies are going to stop tresspassing against her.
    After all, they think it's their right - they are the 'fine' ones.

Furious anger is about right I think.

Bang

• Prisca
    Prisca

Contagion,

I think there is a great need for exit-counsellors for JWs. It's great that you feel the need to help people, cos I really think as time goes on there will be an even greater need for counsellors in this field.

I wish you well in your studies, and I hope you find a way to help others who have left the "troof".

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Contagon,

We all need a helping hand, especially if we are recovering from the borg. P l e a s e consider completing whatever it is you need to do, so that you will be able to give assistance--and no doubt create a booming career for yourself.

Like so many, I was all alone in my struggles. You could make a big difference!

Love and LIght,

Karen/Sentinel

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

There was once a sister in my old cong. who's son became so depressed about his JC meeting regarding a typical teenage situation, that he attempted suicide. The sister promptly left the org. with her son and got him professional help. Apparently she told me there is an ex-sister in CT who is now a psychologist dealing with these sorts of issues and she helped turn her son's life around. This was about 10 years ago so I don't know if this professional is still practicing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit