June Broadcasting - the white elephant in the room

by iwasblind 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi there all,

I don't have a problem using Jehovah but I find it funny that in the broadcasting for this month, they go to great lengths to discuss why we use Jehovah's name but don't actually mention HOW they got to it with no vowels. Again they exclude information.

He mentions Jesus name being Yeshua or Yehoshua, BUT we know how to say his name in Hebrew there is no conjecture there.

One understanding is because the Jews stopped using that name the old scribes would copy down the Tetragrammaton but then put the vowel markings for Adonai (which is the hebrew word for Lord) above it to remind them to say Adonai. So someone basically guessed how to say Jehovah by using these vowel pointers from the hebrew word for Lord.

Regardless, of this:

1. If God wanted THIS name known wouldn't he have the power to let us know what his actual name is?

2. If the Jewish custom not to use this name was wrong, would not have Jesus corrected this as he did with the Sabbath, throwing people out of the temple, etc.?

3. Would it not be part of the model prayer?

Food for thought..

Jesus said we should do things in HIS name to the glory of who? The Father.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think this madness is nearly proof positive that they are being affected by the amount of TRUE information out there about, YHWH, The Bible and the Org. Their focus seems to me to be trying to head these matters of readily available information off at the pass.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The only place I ever read anything negative about using the name "Jehovah" is on this message board. I really don't think they could come up with enough to say if they were not giving a rebuttal to people on sites like this.

Doc

• Magnum
    Magnum

Doc, I've wondered about that.

iwasblind, your three questions are very good. They are, indeed, food for thought. I especially liked #2. I've never thought of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit