Update from the shallow athiest

by Marilyn 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I just wanted to thank everyone who was so understanding the other nite when I posted about my cat being hit by a car. Btw, it is his picture in the square. He is magnificent - all 191bs of him - and yes he is still with us. He seems to have been very fortunate and lucky too!! There doesn't seem to be anything much wrong with him apart from worms - which they found on examination. I'm sure the impact caused them!!! (bit of dub reasoning there) He is desperately wanting to go outside, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that, even if he is! Anyone got any experience with how long to keep them inside after a trauma of this kind?

Oh and I just wanted to explain that I didn't actually have the gall to pray that the cat would be ok, I only asked that I would be able to find him. Animal lovers will appreciate the subtle difference.

Marilyn

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Glad to hear the news. I don't think you're a shallow atheist. Too often people confuse spirituality with religion. I don't think you need to believe in God to be spiritual.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I'm glad your kitty is ok. Whether the prayer helped or not, it helped calm your nerves when you needed it.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Sorry to hear that Marilyn - I bet you are feeling so much relief.

I'm glad your boomba kitty cat is okay....you are very much an animal lover and I would hate for anything to happen to your much loved and doted on kitty. Hopefully the insurance company for the car involved won't try and sue for damages - joke ie. recent news article.

I hope your cat recovers...so you can fatten him/her up some more

Beck

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

So glad to hear he is good!!! 19 pounds?? that is one BIG cat!!! Hope you surived the incident without too much worry.

Edited by - cassiline on 13 June 2002 22:1:56

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Beck, MY CAT IS NOT FAT!! He is BIG. Everyone comments on his size coz he's a BIG, tall, long cat - but his tummy is getting a bit saggy now that he's turned three and a half! Some say he hasn't finished growing. Yikes!

Marilyn

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

At any rate he's yours and you love him...bless his BIG sox...post us some more pics of him Marilyn. I like BIG cats...like my men

Beck

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Beck, you know I'm too dumb to post more pics of him. I've got them on the computer but I dunno how to transfer them over. It's so annoying being stupid!! In my next life I intend to be a genius!

Anyhoo you will meet him yourself in a few months time! (if he keeps his sorry ass off the road that is).

M.

ps check out my reply about Erica being a slut. I was wondering what you thought of our Governor General's comments a few months ago.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Marylin

Sorry to get back to you so late....I didn't hear those comments by the Governor General .... what a wanker....can't believe he said that!!

Where does he live...I'll put doggie doo doo in his slippers!!

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit