A WORD OF CAUTION

by Incense_and_Peppermints 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

check all your files on your computer. i just found two files called "aaw.exe" on my computer, which apparently found their way onto mine on june 9th. anyway, they were promptly deleted. i never downlaod anything except to my desktop, and these were in a rather innocuous folder in my computer. strange stuff has been happening since i started posting on this board. i just ran a virus scan two days ago, but will run one as soon as i get off this board this morning. so it seems that some jw has an IP sniffer and is targeting people at random.

so to the little 'perp', i have this to say: hey, wouldn't your time be better spent studying your watchtower or awake magazines?! or is this part of your 'theocratic war strategy'. my sister who's an 'active' jw, told me that you guys DO actually lie to us worldly people, 'to protect jehovah's good name', of course. you people do nothing but bring shame upon the name of your so-called god.

__
    _.-{__}-._
    .:-'`____`'-:.
    /_.-"`_ _`"-._\
    /` / . \/. \ `\
    | \__/\__/ |-----| Look. Look how much I care. Look.
    .-\ /-.
    / '._-.__--__.-_.' \
    /`'. `""""""""` .'`\
    | ) ' ( |
    .'-;`___ _ _'_____`;-'
    `--------------------`

• SYN
    SYN

People, please don't open ATTACHMENTS!

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

thanks incense,.......it's probably the gov body.

you know how they organize everything......delegate it out........spiritual warfare.

then deny everything.....

• Wendy
    Wendy

I&P

I have that one as well, it is Adware on my puter. Have you recently downloaded that?

wendy

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Hi,

aaw.exe is a program called Ad-Aware http://www.lavasoft.de/.

It's a free program designed to remove spyware from your computer. I've used it for years with no ill effects. My guess is that some cheeky ass, who probably works for or writes the pieces of spyware that Ad-aware removes, is trying to get the program a bad rep so new users who've never seen it before think it's a virus.

Ignored One (Iggy).

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

no i never download any executables, except from my ISP. but i'm glad to know it's not a virus. i do wonder how it got there, however. i did go to one place and got a zillion pop-ups that wouldn't close, then a blue screen, so maybe that's where i got it. thank you though. sorry to alarm anyone unecessarily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit