Interesting Post From Beliefnet

by cyrano 6 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

Here's what a current long time witness posted on Beliefnet,

Well I am new here, but I have to speak up. I have been a witness since 1972, and we were expecting the end in 1975 in October. Well it didn't come of course, and then there was a lot of shuffling around on that. Then some hinted 1984 at assemblies and conventions. Then I remember that the magazines kinda alluded to the idea that it was those of us following that had false expectations. Well I only expected it because the GB said it was coming, so I was not happy about that.

It is 27 years past that date, and nothing has changed still the expectation is still there, in the meetings, and the literature. But no date is given anymore. I am 51 years old and frankly I am tired, and being in expectation of Jehovah bring the end in my life time does not even excite me anymore. If he does he does, if he don't its no sweat off my forehead. I am not going at it urgently anymore.

I lost a very faithful witnesses son to death, and when you lose a loved one you realize how these failed dates are just that nothing but more pressure. Apparently somebody don't know what their talking about. And for me since that resurrection isn't here right now I don't give a hoot anymore. Nothing is going to reunite my son with our family that is going to heal it now. Trust in what, I ask, some vague promise that the end is coming and no one knows when.
    The GB has been making a whole lot of mistakes, and we are the ones suffering for it. Maybe it is time to take a good hard look at it all, and quit having such blind faith because we are told to do so. This is just my thought.

And that Dateline stuff is true. I saw it twice in the congregation in NC I am in. And the victims of the child abuse live in a personal hell I can't even imagine. One is in a mental hospital most the time, and the other has had 6 husbands. All thanks to the Elders trying to cover it up. Yes Asheboro, NC, that is just one of the places that have covered up child molestations and one was an Elder who did it.

Posted by Balsam.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

She's already posting on Randy's (formerly Tishie's) board. She's come a long way in the last couple of months.

I'm pretty sure that she knows about this board, since it is frequently mentioned on the other board.

Edited by - RedhorseWoman on 12 June 2002 16:11:44

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi Everyone,

I didn't know my comment would cause such a stir, but that is nice.

I am Balsam. I am a 51 year old ex-witness. I was disfellowshipped back last July 2002, after bing a witness for 30 years. I left my mentally abusive marriage of 30 years to be with my Lost Love from High School. And it has been wonderful, and we plan to be married in August. Your never too old to find true love. And when I left I still thought the JW had the truth still, or hoped they did. I have since found out how fooled I was, and it at times has been depressing. Now I speak out as much as I can.

The people I spoke out about, are still around. Jim Camp goes occasionally to meetings in Seagrove not far from Asheboro, nc. And Old Mose Ridley, still goes to meetings at the KH once in a while. All his sons have been in and out of prisons all their lives. The girls are all very emotionally messed up. One I became very lose too when she was in high school. She still has nightmares of the abuse she suffered.

I have come to this and posted before, but it so large here I can never remember where I posted at. One of you said you live near Asheboro, and remember some of the people. I currently live in Concord NC. I still travel to Asheboro to see my 14 yr old son who lives with his witness father at his choice. I still see many of the people I was friends with for so many ears. Their response is interesting when I see them. Some look at me and smile, some glare at me (usually the men), some act like have never seen me before. I find it all humorous. They can do nothing to me I am free, and darn it feels good.

Balsam

• sf
    sf

{{{{{Balsam}}}}}}

Are you 'balsambreeze' from yahoo?

sKally ('wturls' on yahoo)

• Balsam
    Balsam

NO, I go boy Balsam1 on 54 ex witness boards, balsamtoyou on yahoo boards of which I am on the West Virginia ex-witness group. I go by my real name on Women Awake.

Balsam

• LDH
    LDH

Balsam,

If I haven't said it before, welcome. It's nice to have you here. So true what you said about just being TIRED. The youngs ones have left the troof, and the ones my parents age (late 50's) are just getting worn down.

I'm so glad you got out. I'm sorry about your son, I have two kids and I don't even want to think about wasting one minute of their lives in that abusive cult.

Love,

Lisa

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thanks for the welcome. I am glad my children are almost grown. I have a son who will turn 19 in August, and the youngest one. And I had a son to die in an auto accident just over a year ago. I worry for my surviving sons, you never know when they can be snatched from life too.

Some of the posters at beliefnet are concerned about the use of these mens names in what I said. This is something I dealt with personally with the individual victims. And no these men have never been prosecuted through they should have been. But if any of the moderators here feel there is some danger for them to be prosecuted for slander, they have my permission to remove the men's names. I certainly would not want any person to be in trouble for anything I say or do.

Sincerely,

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit