mikepence...

by Mister Biggs 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Please post your experience on who and what shook your faith. I've always wanted to know (You can also e-mail me).

Thanks!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

^Mike?^

• Sprocket
    Sprocket

I would be curious to know the answers contributors give to your question.

Frankly, the reality is, that what you will hear is the straw that broke the camel's back. There are so many, many things that just do not sit right with you. Most of them on the surface seem small enough to pass over and put in the back of your mind. Just a few are severe enough to shake you.

It is the insidious nature of these 'inconsistencies' that gnaw at you until one day you have just had enough. Inconsistencies with doctrine, treatment of ones in a special class (elders, bethelites, overseers, GB, etc.), how funds are handled, cover-ups when it is expedient (I saw this several times as an elder. One time an elders' son slept overnight at a divorced sister's house, yet amazing when an elder and the elder's FATHER investigated it, all was well), love for the brothers but fights and divisions at elders meetings, superficial concern for the flock (intensifies when the overseers visit is nigh), defending your belief vis--vis another religion etc.

I have recently joined this forumand I am ecstatic about itand that is what I read time and again with the different personal experiences.

Sprocket

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit