Irreligious- Bill Maher

by purrpurr 13 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I just watched this film on Netflix. If you haven't seen it its worth watching just for the ways he demolishes the religious advocates he interviews.

The most worrying things I saw in it were the US senator who says that having a high IQ isn't a criteria for being senator and also all the Muslims he interviews who despite claiming to have read the Quran also claim that Islam is a religion of peace.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Cognitive dissonance isn't the sole possession of disciples of the Org!

People just repeat the programmed responses which they've been indoctrinated with.

I know - I did it myself for several years!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

That is one of the funniest movies you will EVER watch......once you get past the discomfort of realizing you used to be like them!!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

purrpurr:

"...all the Muslims he interviews who despite claiming to have read the Quran also claim that Islam is a religion of peace."

Those moderate to Liberal Muslims are rationalizing their scriptures and history because they want to be peaceful and don't want to follow that aspect of Islam. That is no different from Jews and Christians who also rationalize the Old Testament which is a religion of barbarism and genocide. So, while I'm not naïve as to what Islamic history has been I get peeved when Fundamentalist Christians criticize them when their own historical sh!t stinks just as bad.

• Simon
    Simon

It's a great movie, well worth watching (but isn't it called Religulous?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFspMFYntME

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    Simon, yes you're right, I got the name wrong ( its an odd spelling)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon:

"It's a great movie, well worth watching (but isn't it called Religulous?)"

Simon, this video does not show in the US. It shows a message saying "This video contains content from Lionsgate, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Fantastic doco highlighting the ridiculousness of religion (hence the name).

Well worth watching.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Here it is though the sound and picture quality is bad. Watch it before You Tube pulls it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3GRTALd6Ad4

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Thank you for posting that video. I was fascinated, watched the whole thing and ABSOLUTELY AGREE with all Bill Maher's comments at the end.

"For people to live, religion must die!" I love how he says "... Isn't it more humbling to be in doubt, when you do not know all the answers...?"

Faith (blind, stupid belief) keeps a person trapped in their only mindset of being right, which then makes them arrogant, deluded and dangerous. It is Terrifying to behold.

I shake my head at myself for having been just like some of those people in the video....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit