OMG, I’m gonna get Old and Die.

by John Aquila 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The realization that Armageddon wasn't coming anytime soon had there for quite a few years before I also realized that none of it was true, so it wasn't a big shock that I was going to die. But losing my faith was hard. The Watchtower belief system is a way of explaining all the bad in the, world, a security blanket of hope that was suddenly gone. I felt a loss and it was hard realizing that there were just bad things in the world and no one was coming to fix it.

To Furkano: I was 45 before I wised up, that was fifteen years ago. Since then I have gotten married, traveled, started my own business and met many great friends. If I die tomorrow it all would have been worth it. Whatever time you have, it's well worth it, a year or twenty years, life is what you make it.

• fulano
    fulano
    Ok John, I try to live in present everyday, but sometimes you just think of the sadness of live and whats left.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

shadow

shadow
    I used to have ALL the answers, now I'm not sure if I have ANY answers.

Answers come in everyday, you just need to wait for them.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Cofty,

Cheers!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

When it finally "clicked" for me, I told myself: You need to get your ass in school!

Within one year I was sitting in class at my state U.

Now I'm a FT student, graduating in spring 2017, and looking foward to the future.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

When I first realized that it was all bull shit I was happy because I no longer had to go to meeting and field service for the WT corporation, I was happy that I no longer had that obligation in my life to soak up and waste what remaining time I have left in this life's(I was about 45 at that time) . But shortly I also had the realization that I was going to loose my family and all my friends and that made me mad and want some type of revenge for all the lies I was told and time I wasted selling their books and magazine door to door not to mention money donated and and hard labor I gave to the corporation. I had fantasies about killing all the Governing Body but could not make a good plan without loosing my own life so after a couple of months I gave up all my fantasizing and saw the need to heal myself psychologically and try to get on with my life and live it to the full before I go to the grave.

It was a very rough time and made me more introspective then I already was, but all in all it has taught me a lot and now I feel much more at peace and I'm just happy to no longer be under the influences of this screwed up Corporation.

• fulano
    fulano
    I wish you all the best Brokeback! Feel your pain.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    LisaRose

But losing my faith was hard. The Watchtower belief system is a way of explaining all the bad in the, world, a security blanket of hope that was suddenly gone. I felt a loss and it was hard realizing that there were just bad things in the world and no one was coming to fix it.

That is probably the hardest thing to lose. No one is flying down to rescue us. We have to make do with what we have. It's up to us.

• talesin
    talesin
    Now a new wife and daughter, let's say I'll have another 35 years to live, but why keep on living?

Because you have family, and love! If nothing else, make a list of those who would miss you when you were gone. This was enormously helpful to me, in my darkest hours. Yes, people will say "learn to love yourself and life" and that is true - one of my therapists suggested the list, though, to make me remember that I *do* count ...as do YOU! x o

punkofnice, I so understand. Keep playing music - got my guitar out last week, after a year. xo

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Is this the fruit of evolution? Is this what lurkers should look forward to? Dark days in sad thought with no hope?

I see no benefit to atheism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit