The straw that broke the Camel's back...

by ThatSucks 0 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Hello all.

I was wondering if any of you 'failed bible studies' would relay what finally caused you to back away and stop studying to be a Jehovah's Witness.

For me, it was after my 3rd bible study (if you can call it that). I was talking to my indoctrinator and he kept insisting to me that those who were not Jehovah's Witnesses may also be 'saved'. Well, after hammering that in my head and hearing him still justify the intolerance of other's religious views despite his position on matters, I did a little research.

I discovered the distinction between general salvation and the more specific ressurection.

What broke the camel's back for me was when I asked him the question again, except with a little twist. I asked him: "Do you think that those who are alive TODAY and do NOT heed your message will be saved? I am not worried about those who HAVE DIED, I am worried about those who are alive NOW."

Well, after scratching his head, sighing and finally throwing his hands up in the air, he finally told me: "We don't know. We just don't know. It is up to God to decide such things." I then asked him why he did not tell me that in the first place, and he just rolled his eyes and changed the subject. I would later learn that I got my first glimpse of "Theocratic War Strategy(SP?)".

Seeing someone who I then considered a good friend, intentionally try to mislead me on what I considered at the time to be very important matters, truly changed my image of him forever. For a long time I thought he was just a liar until I discovered "Theocratic War Strategy" and 'witnessed' it from others of his ilk.

So, what was your camel back-breaking straw?

Edited by - ThatSucks on 11 June 2002 13:30:38

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit