Is The Bible REALLY The Word Of The FDS?

by MidwichCuckoo 4 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I know this will have already been covered on the forums but ... upon visiting a JW relative in hospital, they requested I brought their Bible in (the Gideons Bible supplied by the NHS clearly being inadequate and not supporting WT fantasy). I dutifully went to their house and grabbed what I thought was a Bible (an easy mistake to make assuming the NWT is actually a Bible). It seems I couldn't have got it more wrong, resulting in one horrified JW and one very confused (albeit gorgeous) Midwich. It seems (and I know you all know this, but I've been out of the loop a while) a few bits have been changed (?) and I should have taken in the white Bible (looks light grey to me). I truly am a sinner.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So which bible did you take? the black shank or the silver shank? here is the funny thing......if they see you using the black shank, they will give you a look like your an apostate.

there like wolves who turn on themselves, even my wife questioned me when i decided to use the black shank instead of the silver shank.

i was like WTF....this org produced both. there shouldn't be a diffence right. she is sooooooooo blind.

anywho, i use neither....i use the American standard bible.

it's more accurate. I hate this cult of a religion

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Black shank? Silver shank? Blimey...speaking in tongues, lol... I assume the silver (as it looked grey). I took the green one in originally (shock, horror). Why on Earth are they keeping these out of date, apostalistic (is that a word?) Bibles? (green, black, silver)
  • naazira
    naazira

You don't need a bible when there's the Jw library app. Everyone knows Jehova has gone paperless. And again paperless $$$$

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic
    When I gave talks, I always used the black bible that I received when I was baptized. It was bound with the reasoning book in the back it was a gift from the brother I studied with. It is still in my collection today. I still use it as a reference, when I am looking up something. As I began to fade, I liked using the NIV bible and the ASV versions. I can remember on one of my last number four talks I only used the NIV, everyone looked at me so dumbfounded as they could barely follow along. I think they knew something was up then. :) I even had one brother ask me which version I was reading from as he had never heard it expressed in those words before. I told him that he should look into other bibles, it sheds a lot of life on scripture when you read multiple versions. I can still remember the look on his face, clear as day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit