Forgot My DFg Anniversary

by SUSCARRA 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

I can't believe I forgot to celebrate my disfellowshipping anniversay. They made the big announcement on June 8, 2000. I was so busy trying to find out when Weekend Magazine was going to air, that I just simply forgot. Oh well, I guess this means I'm healed and could give a poopy. It took those slimeballs 6 months to get the job done. They put me and my family through a spiritual guantlet. I'm so glad we are OUT!!!!!!

Does anyone else on this board celebrate their DFG anniversary? If so, let's hear from you.

Again, my declaration of freedom was, June 8, 2000.

SUSCARRA

• Dawn
    Dawn

Well......It was in 1990 but I'll be damned if I can even remember what season yet alone the date.

• not interested
    not interested

guss i forgot mine also it was june first 2 years of freedom now, thanks for reminding me

• Kismet
    Kismet

My last meeting was August 31, 1997. My last field service report was July's. I wanted one number to disappear for the last month of the Service Year.

I do celebrate my freedom on that anniversary but really try to do it year round (lol - the last part sounds like how I explained not celebrating Mother's Day)

Raising a glass of Glen Livet to our freedom

Kismet

• alamb
    alamb

CONGRATS! When's the party? I'll bring something chocolate.

My last meeting November 23, 2000. Twenty years to the day from my baptism. Some things take a while to straighten out.

Enjoying my freedom........and friendship with you.

me

• starfish422
    starfish422

Wow, thanks for the reminder. My "leaving home and making a stand" anniversary is coming up on June 27; will be 9 years! Wrote my letter some time in late October of that year; around the 27th or 28th.

Where does the time go? :)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

October 7, 2000 was the day my JW ex-wife moved out, and that was the final straw for me and the borg - although I had been "out" mentally for years before.

I was never df'ed or da'd, so I don't have that sort of anniversary.

Then, on October 7, 2001, one year later to the day, I married my high school sweetheart, and lived happily ever after (well, so far, anyway).

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan

Edited by - NeonMadman on 11 June 2002 10:23:29

• obiwan
    obiwan

Mine was the last week in june 1990.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit