How many of us stayed in the organization longer than necessary for these other reasons?

by John Aquila 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

How do you have a picture of my wife's legs?

I can't blame you, they're jolly nice.

Exactly the reason I'm still in. For her sake.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Her legs are too skinny. I like them big boned like my high school JW crush from way back then.
  • steve2
    steve2
    The opposite is also true: Leaving sooner because the spouse is not at all appealing, physically, mentally and emotionally.
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Count me among that number. Fear of losing her and the rest of my family scares me to death.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yes and no. First hubby was in my face with his anti-JWness and it ended up in divorce and driving me in deeper.

Second hubby gently helped me to think and reason a little at a time and helped me out.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

After I was disfellowshipped, I made 4-5 attempts at getting reinstated over about 4 years. I did this because my now X still believed and wanted me to get reinstated so he would not have to go to family functions or cong. functions by himself. He grew up with a mom who was disfellowshipped and his dad was always alone at functions outside of the meetings. My X was angry with his mom for years because she put his dad through that and in turn he would get mad at me because he was going through the same thing.

I went on anti-depressants and meds for anxiety just to attend meetings. I always made it for about 3-4 months at a time, then would stop going for one reason or another. My last effort was two months before I left him. After I left, he ended up getting involved with a non-witness and is now living the same lifestyle that I am, only not DF'd as of yet. He just stopped going to meetings. I begged him for almost 4 years to stop going and make new friends with me. He wasn't regular anyways. But it took me leaving his ass for him to see things in a different light.

Oh well...

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I can't blame you, they're jolly nice.

Exactly the reason I'm still in. For her sake.

That's a very good reason my friend!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy

True dat.

I'm forty years in, two years awakened, and (so the filly with the fine pins tells me) stubborn as a mule. I'll get her out, she's worth the wait.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

My wife didn't make any difference when I left.

At the time I would not have minded if she stayed attending meetings. She decided not to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit