US Supreme Court, WTBS v Stratton, OH

by mrs rocky2 5 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Very soon the US Supreme Court justices will make their ruling known as to whether JWs in Stratton, OH will continue to register with the mayor's office or not. The transcript of the oral arguments presented by both sides is now available.

http://supreme.lp.findlaw.com/supreme_court/docket/2001/february.html

About 3/4s of the way down the page you will find links related to this case - look for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, et al v Village of Stratton, OH, et al. Under Resources click on the link to Oral Argument transcript.

IMO WT didn't want to register because they just didn't want to register. The ordinance does not appear to infringe on their right to preach.

Any guesses as to who will win?

Mrs Rocky

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

probably Watchtower, I'm sorry to say. I will be happy to be wrong. Maybe Dateline will have an impact. Hey, somebody send that Lawyer a videotape...hahaha

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

How about sending a Dateline tape to the US Supreme Court??? If the posibility of a pedophile going door to door isn't enough to sway the court in Strattons favor, I don't know what is.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Why don't you some of you stopping acting like fools. Bill Bowen is not having no impact in the congregations.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Way to go Fred. You are finally getting it..either that or your poor grammar allowed you to make an excellent Freudian slip.

Bill Bowen is not having no impact in the congregations - Fred Hall

So Bill is having an impact since he is not having no impact? smirking

Kismet

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

kismet,

Thanks for your correction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit