"A" is for "Apostate"

by Incense_and_Peppermints 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

attention jw spies on this board: read what one of your own has to say about engaing in online dialog with "apostates":

http://jehovah.to/glossary/index.html

i can't copy any of the text here because it is copyrighted material.

p.s. reading through this thing reinforces just how whacked-out the wts is... 'cause it gives you the word straight from the horse's mouth. (you can't make this stuff up!)

• noidea
    noidea

would 'B' be for "Backslider"

• Quotes
    Quotes

Actually, just because it is copyrighted, doesn't mean you cannot use limited sections for purposes of study or criticism: see http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/admin/copyright.htm for more legal mumbo jumbo about this.

apostate, apostasy
    One who has rebelled against and abandoned the
    {true worship} of Jehovah. Sometimes apostates actively oppose true worship and attempt to influence others to do the same. Some apostates were trying to hand out leaflets at our {convention} last week.

Gadzooks! Handing out religious fliers to strangers on the steet! Who would ever do something like that?

NOTE: Apostates are persons who were once among us, walking in the Truth, not merely outsiders who oppose it. They usually know our beliefs, terminology, and organizational ways quite well.

Is it possible to be a former member and not know their "organization ways" quite well? I suppose if you slept through every meeting... oh wait, sleeping through the meetings, that describes me! Never mind!

Apostates tend to seek out unwary Witnesses and engage them in dialogue.

Sort of like the way Witnesses knock on unwary peoples' doors on a groggy Saturday morning and engage them in dialogue! Hey, this technique does sound familiar!

But they tend to be proud of their independent intellectual accomplishments

Does that imply that good JWs tend to be proud of their lack of intellectual accomplishments?

Based on several years of deep research, careful study, and profound meditation I have concluded blah blah blah ... They will claim support for their ideas from others who are supposedly pillars in the Truth. I know numerous people, including elders, who agree with me that blah blah blah ... They will flatter the listener while speaking condescendingly of Witnesses in general. I realize that most Witnesses wouldn't understand; but I realize that you are by no means average, but are truly open-minded.

This sounds like the type of arguement used in the Watchtower every week. "A more accurate view of history reveals that..." or "A more detailed study by modern day bible scholars shows that 607 BCE was the date blah blah blah" Oh well, I guess some apostates learned The Fine Art of Using Logical Fallacies too well while in Watchtower School.

The speaker condescendingly suggests that most Witnesses are simple, unpretentious, and unsophisticated, but is implying that for the most part we are a bunch of dopes.

Hey, only the Mother BOrganization is allowed to speak condescendingly to JWs!

Willing association with true apostates, whether in person, by reading their literature, or engaging in electronic debate across the Internet, is itself apostate behavior, and therefore potentially a {disfellowshipping offense}, in addition to being extremely dangerous and outright stupid. It should be avoided entirely.

That would mean that a JW at this board is guilty of apostate behavior and is doing someting "outright stupid". YouKnow, and FredHall, care to respond? Tsk tsk, shame on you. Well, if you are really an apostate, email me your mailing address and I will send you your very own Apostofest name badge.

Edited: *** Hey Simon, this looks great in Preview, but the editing is lost when posting. What gives?

Edited by - Simon on 10 June 2002 10:23:46

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry about that. It was actually caused by the quote characters in the topic subject line and nothing todo with your post (although I edited it first before I realised what the problem was).

I have started putting a brief snippet of the first post in the page summary so that the pages don't all show the same text in search engine listings. Didn't HTML encode it (or need to encode quotes)

• Scully
    Scully

I checked the Dictionary of Theocratese and noticed some glaring omissions. There are no entries for the following words and phrases:

- child molester

- Dateline

- molest

- pedophilia/pedophile

I wonder why??

Love, Scully

• 2SYN
    2SYN

AHAHAH! That entry in the Witness Jargon File is hilarious. They make out like individual Dubbies can't be trusted to control themselves around people who criticize the BORG!

[SYN], of the I was wondering that too, Scully Class!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I&P

I stumbled upon this during the end of my JW fog. I thought it was pretty clever in areas

tie
    A torturous device worn around the necks of men and little boys, designed to cut off circulation to the brain, and therefore increase the need to depend on Jehovah's spirit to help them think and speak articulately. Some hackers call it a brain depletion device. Standard meeting and service dress for Witness males, and also Mormon elders. Something with which the person who invented it should be hanged. [196] Sometimes useful for wiping off glasses and dipping in soup at formal dinner parties. One of the first things that will be discarded in God's new world, as soon as the need for glasses disappears.
    (Lynn 1:2)
    [196] The article ``Who Invented the Necktie?'' in [g96 5/8] points out that the tie has military origins. Hmmm, all the more reason for suspicion!
  • FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Didn't even see this listing until just a few minutes ago...

Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses tend to seek out unwary individuals and engage them in dialogue. Often they were once fine people with an extensive {Free Will} background. But they tend to be proud of their collective duplicitous accomplishments. <<Based on several years of deep research, careful study of The Watchtower, and profound meditation (Wait! I can't meditate...that might open my mind to Satan!) I have concluded blah blah blah ...>> They will claim support for their ideas from others who are supposedly pillars in the community. <<I know numerous people, including normally sane persons, who agree with me that blah blah blah ...>> They will flatter the listener while speaking condescendingly of people in general. <<I realize that most people wouldn't understand; but I realize that you are by no means average, but are truly open-minded.>> The speaker condescendingly suggests that most individuals are simple, unpretentious, and unsophisticated, but is implying that for the most part we are a bunch of dopes.

Jehovah's Witnesses have also been known to speak out in fearlessness from time to time. They believe theirs is the God of true prophecy and what he foretells comes to be.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit