New Date for Armageddon - 2015

by Dawn 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

you can go from 1914 plus 40 years to approx 1935 (helloooo great crowd!!) and from there to 1975 (hellooo 6000 years of man's existence) it's only a hop-skip and a jump to 2015! -ish

Umm 1914 + 40 years would bring you to 1954 1954 + 40 = 1994 1994 + 40 = 2034 Still can't quite figure out where 1975 or 2015 comes into the picture

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

With all the 'math' JW's find in the Bible, how long is it gonna be before they announce a new "Theocratic Math School"?

That'd have some interesting 'counsel' points, eh? Explain how we blew it with 1799, 1874,1878, how we 'saved' ourselves on 1914, why 'millions aren't still living' since 1925, how we never really said anything about 1975,etc...

have I left any out?

• Realist
    Realist

@ joeshmoe:

LOL that is very true! however i have the impression they unfortunately gave up on precise predictions. no more king of the north nonsense, no more armageddon dates...really sad that...makes the whole thing less fun.

• blondie
    blondie

In 1919 the JWs (then known as Bible Students) supposedly received their preaching commission

Noah was given 120 years to preach and build the ark before the flood would sweep away humankind.

plus

120 equals

2039 AD for the end to come.

(Just kidding)

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

You're right Realist. It's so much easier to be vague (but I still think they can't resist!).

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...1914 plus 40 years to approx 1935..."

I think poor Dawn is another 'victim' of 'home schooling' - the JW way.

<sigh>

Regards,

Jim TX

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

As the numbers of the Dubs start to decline they will be forced to try what has been successful for them in the past , that is using scare tactics. Most Jdubs now, came in after the 1975 scare, so they will be "ripe for the picking". They will have them urgently out their preaching because the time is so short. It is funny because today i heard a Dub admitting of the past mistakes of the WTS making predictions.

• professor
    professor

Is it just me or is the html on this page screwed up? I tried reloading a few times but I still get a really W I D E page. Hmm...

• mustang
    mustang

Professor,

It is really messed up; line lengths at least 200 characters & other stuff.

Looks like some changes going on with posting too; Double spacing, strange colors.

Hey where's the SIGNATURE TURN-ON OPTION?????????

SIMON!!!!!! He does things on Sunday nights; chaos to havoc????

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 10 June 2002 2:7:50

• professor
    professor

According to Simon the signature feature is off temporarily. Personally I think Simon's "new system" is a big hit! Options are good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit