Imposing Will and PMS

by out4good3 4 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Well, it's coming upon another 28 day cycle and my wife is on her usual emotional rollercoaster. The only difference now is that next week it's assembly time so I've got the annual fare of "We're growing apart" and "you never want to do anything I want to do" since I didn't want to go to the meeting with her today. She'll say that she just wanted to be with me, but I'm not for any of the emotional blackmail that goes along with going to any meeting with her this time of the year. I've haven't been to an assembly in years and regular meeting attendance has long been a thing of the past. Although she knows that I have many issues with the WT that will most likely never be resolved by them, I more and more get the feeling that she is using next weeks assembly and other things I've put considerable expense into planning this year to try and impose her JW will on me through financial and emotional blackmail. I'm preparing myself for the fact that I may have do do all these things alone in which case it will dramatically change the dynamics of our marriage and the comfortable truce we've come to.

• 2SYN
    2SYN

UHOH! Back off dude!

On the serious side, try and be considerate. She is probably doing these things because she loves you, and in her own way this is an expression of her love for you. Do you agree?

• Scully
    Scully

Try to remember that she IS brainwashed into believing that unless you return to the fold, you are doomed. I suspect she is hearing reminders of the "importance" of being at the convention, and also feeling somewhat lost in having to attend solo. She may also feel apprehensive about having to explain - yet again - your absence at the assembly.

If you feel that she is trying to manipulate you - you're right. She is. But don't forget who's manipulating HER into thinking that she NEEDS to do this sort of thing to save your life. The thought of becoming "bloodguilty" can make a normally pleasant dub turn into a tantrum-prone emotional blackmailing monster.

Love, Scully

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

QUICK! Hide the ammo and head for a bunker

Seriously though, try to keep the truce going if at all possible. My dub wife and I are separated and although I am a good cook and don't mind household chores, it sure does get lonely. Still, with her dubbie friends and other nonsense I have put up with, we are not planning any reconciliation. Rest assurred, other dubs are working on her, even subtely, to get you back to the fold. They are heavily brainwashed and if you can endure it, remember, "it's cheaper to keep her."

Edited by - DakotaRed on 9 June 2002 17:30:50

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

After another "Difficult weekend" I can sympathise entirely. What was all that about "A quiet and mild spirit"??????????/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit